LOOKING FOR CHICKEN CHART-ALL CHARACTERISTICS

Haha. Good, that's what I like to hear. My husband teases that I'm the last person to still read books, but that it's a good thing because when technology fails I will have a leg up on the world ;) My mom got me a great garden/homesteading book for Christmas too. The woman that raised me still knows the way to my heart, always books, just the subject matter ha changed over the years. This year was "Storey's Guide to Raising Ducks" and "The Backyard Homestead: produce all the food you need on just a quarter acre"
Because of you I've ordered two different "Storey's" books and I've never heard of them before! Blasphemous, I'm sure for many people! LOL

Ditto!
What part of Georgia are you from?
Southwest. I live 52 miles from Albany, GA. I live near the Alabama line in a small town called Blakely.

Because of you I've ordered two different "Storey's" books and I've never heard of them before! Blasphemous, I'm sure for many people! LOL

Southwest. I live 52 miles from Albany, GA. I live near the Alabama line in a small town called Blakely.
It's terrible. :lol:

I find her books to be good in general. They're a tad outdated in some respects (especially incubation) but still a nice read.

The chart recommended was exactly what I was looking for except not enough chickens listed.
Now I am going to look up the "STORY'S" books. I love reading about chickens but thought I must be a little strange,
I love to read about many things-LOVE BOOKS. A favorite is MOTHER EARTH,. A terrific magazine.

I don't think it's nearly so easy to absorb information from a screen as it is from a real page. I have about half a shelf of books on chickens.
Haha! Depends on how big your screen is ;)
Do you have one of those little tiny ones? :D

But seriously, I read tons of books, but for reference info on a tech topic,
I'd much rather search online, take notes, and find people with current hands on experience. So many books are only one perspective and as you say, often outdated.

Haha! Depends on how big your screen is ;)
Do you have one of those little tiny ones? :D
12 x 20 monitor... so nope ;)

I can read books for hours and absorb all that information. If I stare at a screen for hours I could tell you maybe a little bit of what I read. If there is something on here I wish to learn well, I print it out and go over it in paper.

Back
Top Bottom