Looking for Hatchery out West - sexed baby chicks

Suzy Hamilton

In the Brooder
Jan 19, 2018
Hello! I am living in Washington State on Orcas Island. I know MyPetChicken probably has the best selection but I worry it's too far to ship to me. Does anyone know of hatcheries west of the Mississippi that sell sexed chicks? I'm interested in getting Ameraucanas (or Easter Eggers), Polish, Marans, and Brahmas; perhaps a total of 12-15 birds. Thanks in advance for any help!

I would consider meyers in "Polk, OH" as well. They handled my drop shipped MPC order and I suspect their "CLIMATE" is closer to yours.

The heat tolerant breed I got from them isn't very heat tolerant so consider that to be a major criterion now in selecting hatchery stock.

WELCOME to the BYC community. Please send us pictures when you get your flock as we are always ready to stop what we are doing and talk chicken on a dime!

Hello! I am living in Washington State on Orcas Island. I know MyPetChicken probably has the best selection but I worry it's too far to ship to me. Does anyone know of hatcheries west of the Mississippi that sell sexed chicks? I'm interested in getting Ameraucanas (or Easter Eggers), Polish, Marans, and Brahmas; perhaps a total of 12-15 birds. Thanks in advance for any help!
There is one in New Mexico. http://www.privetthatchery.com/

hey we have a great Washington state thread also several of us have some that you want
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...me-together-washington-peeps.717207/page-4350

hey we have a great Washington state thread also several of us have some that you want
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...me-together-washington-peeps.717207/page-4350
I would be willing to bet the several of you Washingtonian who have stock are also breeding to standard! I am somewhat disappointed by Meyer's version of the standard in my breed. Gypsie faces with black combs and wattles should not have red wattles in 5 out of 5 roosters.

Also the two roo's I gave away were growing fast like meat birds compared to the rest of the flock in the slow to mature gamefowl breed.

Last edited:
I would be willing to bet the several of you Washingtonian who have stock are also breeding to standard! I am somewhat disappointed by Meyer's version of the standard in my breed. Gypsie faces with black combs and wattles should not have red wattles in 5 out of 5 roosters.

Also the two roo's I gave away were growing fast like meat birds compared to the rest of the flock in the slow to mature gamefowl breed.

I would search local too. I am lucky I am 45 minutes from Greenfire Farms. If you haven't visited the website you should. It is just fun to see the different chickens they have.

Back
Top Bottom