Looking for Marraduna Basque Hen Hatching Eggs

bsvaldez

Chirping
8 Years
Aug 26, 2012
Hello,
I recently bought 19 acre property in Ramona, California (outside quarantine area)in Northern San Diego County and I'm looking to establish my chicken flock. I want to limit my flock to Basque Hens, Lavender Wyandottes, French Black Copper Marans and Pita Pinta Asturiana. My hope is to hatch my new flock but Greenfire Farms will not mail to me even though I am outside the quarantine area. My property has been cleared by the California Department of Food and Agriculture to proceed with purchasing and moving birds. Does anyone know of any Marraduna hatching eggs I can purchase directly or bid on? I appreciate any help or leads.

Thank you!

Hi and welcome to BYC. Check if there is a breed thread - peeps may be able to help you.

Welcome to Backyard Chickens. I'm sorry I have never heard of that breed of chicken. Hopefully other responders have.
Marraduna is variant of the Basque Hen. Buff and white with some black on roos and little if any on hens. Native to the mountains of Euskadi (Basque Country) in northern Spain and southern France. They are believed to be descendants of the Pita Pinta Asturiana, the black mottled breed native of Asturias in northwest Spain.

Hi! I'd picked up my Basque hatching eggs from Stomp n Steer directly about 2 years ago in Santa Rosa, CA. Their website no longer lists the birds and indicates they're moving, but if you're out of options, they may be able to help with leads. As goes many hatching stories, we hatched 4 boys & 1 girl (of 7 eggs), and she befell the raccoon fate when didn't come home to the safety of the coop one night, so I can't help supply this breed myself.

Hello,
I recently bought 19 acre property in Ramona, California (outside quarantine area)in Northern San Diego County and I'm looking to establish my chicken flock. I want to limit my flock to Basque Hens, Lavender Wyandottes, French Black Copper Marans and Pita Pinta Asturiana. My hope is to hatch my new flock but Greenfire Farms will not mail to me even though I am outside the quarantine area. My property has been cleared by the California Department of Food and Agriculture to proceed with purchasing and moving birds. Does anyone know of any Marraduna hatching eggs I can purchase directly or bid on? I appreciate any help or leads.

Thank you!
i just purchased from Hillside Poultry in Alabama. Excellent transaction, I just set them today

Back
Top Bottom