Looking for new duck breed

AstralStorm

Chirping
Aug 9, 2016
I’ve has call ducks for the last 3 years, I really enjoy them and have great success showing them, but horrible success breeding them. I have collected all the eggs they’ve laid and set them all but have had 3 fertile in total and one hatch. I’m pretty discouraged so I’d like to try a new breed.
-small- medium (no rouen, aylesbury etc.)
-easy to tame
-nice colors/attractive
-recognized by APA
my top two right now are welsh harlequin and silver appleyards(not small I know) what are your experiences with these breeds or what would you recommend?

they have a large kiddy pool and we’ve tried changing their diet this year as we were told they may be too fat. We got two more fertile than we usually do (usually it’s 0) but both died just before they were supposed to hatch, obviously I’ll keep the three I have but I’d like to try a different breed.

they have a large kiddy pool and we’ve tried changing their diet this year as we were told they may be too fat. We got two more fertile than we usually do (usually it’s 0) but both died just before they were supposed to hatch, obviously I’ll keep the three I have but I’d like to try a different breed.
Oh. Definitely being fat is an issue. Were they incubator eggs or Momma setting?

Back
Top Bottom