Looking for No Corn/No Soy Organic Feed

WHY??? I'm really curious; what's the problem with corn or soy? Mary

Hi Mary. Although your question is a simple one, the answer is not. In a cliffs notes version, it's not about the animals health (that is part of it however) but more about mine. You are what you eat as they say. I'd be happy to send you some articles, references and share my personal story on why I've chosen to eliminate these things from diet.

WHY??? I'm really curious; what's the problem with corn or soy? Mary

As mentioned, this is a simple question w/ a complex answer. I avoid all things soy... it contains high levels of phytic acid (an anti-nutrient) & phytoestrogen- which is an endocrine disruptor and is of concern to those with thyroid issues, is known to lower testosterone, and is typically genetically modified (which may or may not be a concern to some). A random side note, this does NOT include fermented soy, that is a whole nother thing (typically considered safe)
Unless it is organic corn, I prefer to avoid it for the simple fact that it's most likely genetically modified (excluding 'popcorn').

As mentioned, this is a simple question w/ a complex answer. I avoid all things soy... it contains high levels of phytic acid (an anti-nutrient) & phytoestrogen- which is an endocrine disruptor and is of concern to those with thyroid issues, is known to lower testosterone, and is typically genetically modified (which may or may not be a concern to some). A random side note, this does NOT include fermented soy, that is a whole nother thing (typically considered safe)
Unless it is organic corn, I prefer to avoid it for the simple fact that it's most likely genetically modified (excluding 'popcorn').
Soy that is used poultry feed is heat treated and no longer has a anti-nutrient.

As far as phytoestrogen, if this is one of the reasons for not using soy, then you may want to cut out about 44 other foods. Just to name a few theres;
coffee, tea, nuts, oilseeds (flax, sesame, sunflower, and so on), beans, garlic, onion, red wine, cabbage, broccoli, berries, some fruits (apples, peaches, and watermelon), alfalfa, and clover sprouts.

Last edited:
If someone is making their own feed, it may not be heat-treated soy. And it still increases the estrogen hormones which is a huge problem.
Good thing I don't eat/drink most of those things!

If someone is making their own feed, it may not be heat-treated soy. And it still increases the estrogen hormones which is a huge problem.
Good thing I don't eat/drink most of those things!
It isn't that hard to heat treat soy.
Since all beans and peas have phytoestrogen (Plant Estrogen) what does one use as a plant protein in the poultry feed?
As far as than go's what does one feed there chickens since most grains contain phytoestrogen?

Here is a longer list, and I know that I may be forgetting some.

Flaxseed and flaxseed oil (3 x as potent as soy in some studies!)
Soy, soy oil, soy protein isolate, tofu, textured vegetable protein, and all of it’s derivates
All beans:
Mung beans
Bean sprouts
Chick peas
Peas
Sesame, sesame seeds, and sesame oil
Sunflower seeds
Fennel
Alfalfa
Licorice
Verbena
Tumeric
Thyme
Red Clover
Yucca
Cinnamon
Sunflower seeds
Red Clover leaf and extract
Garlic
Olive Oil
Apricot (especially dried)
Prunes (dried)
Dates (dried)
Sweet Potatoes
Parsley
Thyme
Whole grains: Rye, *Oat, Barley, Millet, Wheat, Corn, Quinoa etc.
Chestnuts
Almonds
Peanuts
Cashews
Walnuts
Hazlenuts
Pistachios
Milk
Coffee
Tea
And Anything made with the listed products above.

While they do contain phytoestrogens, soy products & flax contain the highest amounts (coffee contains all of 6.3, compare to flax seed 379380 & soy at 103920, garlic at 603...HUGE difference in the amounts in different foods). I simply answered WHY some choose to avoid certain products in their feed. And of course, once soy has been fermented, many of the facts change CONSIDERABLY!
I PERSONALLY choose to avoid certain foods based on how they can have a negative affect my health.

listen to very knowlegeable and researcher" Katherine Albrecht " on GCN plus she has her own radio show and free podcasts.. she tells the way bad stuff about soy..... It will break yourheart and anger you.. There is lots of money talking from the soy industry..... listen [please with an open mind please.... and tell what you think.
It i very hard to find such a feed, w/o spending lots for shipping...

listen to very knowlegeable and researcher" Katherine Albrecht " on GCN plus she has her own radio show and free podcasts.. she tells the way bad stuff about soy..... It will break yourheart and anger you.. There is lots of money talking from the soy industry..... listen [please with an open mind please.... and tell what you think.
It i very hard to find such a feed, w/o spending lots for shipping...
Katherine Albrecht's degree is in education. She's a talk radio host, not a "researcher"

The organic foods industry spends a lot more money than the soy industry.

Back
Top Bottom