Looking for NPIP/AI Certified Serama Breeders

Liza728w

Songster
Jul 22, 2020
Southern Ohio
I'm looking for breeders to buy eggs from! (And possibly chicks/adults if available)

I'm in Ohio but happy to pay for shipping. Looking for frizzle serama eggs or silkied serama eggs. I would absolutely consider smooth feathered eggs too if the parents are nice quality! :)

I already bought eggs from a nice breeder named Tammie Cappuccio, and also from Heavenly Seramas. Looking to buy a few more eggs from another breeder for my incubator. Any recommendations?

NC seems like a bit of a distance for shipping hatching eggs, especially when they're delicate like Seramas. I can get the information for you if you don't think it's too far. The breeder I purchased hatching eggs from in NC is NPIP/AI certified. I know she has multiple feather types too.

@ColtHandorf also has Seramas but I'm not sure about his certifications. He has some gorgeous birds!

Have you checked any chicken Hatcheries yet? Some sell hatching eggs. ;)

I have looked at lots of hatcheries, and I have not found any that offer Seramas.
I probably have not looked at the website of every hatchery in the country, but I certainly checked the ones I see recommended the most.
So if there is a hatchery offering Serama eggs, please do post which one it is :)

I have looked at lots of hatchery, and I have not found any that offer Seramas.
I probably have not looked at the website of every hatchery in the country, but I certainly checked the ones I see recommended the most.
So if there is a hatchery offering Serama eggs, please do post which one it is :)
I don't know of any pacific Hatcheries because I'm never looking to buy hatching eggs. I do get catalogs that I've seen hatching eggs in, just I'm not sure of the breeds. Sorry that I don't know of any pacific ones. :(

NC seems like a bit of a distance for shipping hatching eggs, especially when they're delicate like Seramas. I can get the information for you if you don't think it's too far. The breeder I purchased hatching eggs from in NC is NPIP/AI certified. I know she has multiple feather types too.

@ColtHandorf also has Seramas but I'm not sure about his certifications. He has some gorgeous birds!
Thank you so much! :) NC is actually only a few states away from me! (I'm in Ohio) Last year I ordered from North Carolina when I lived all the way in Oregon and only 2 out of 9 had detached air sacs! :)

I don't know of any pacific Hatcheries because I'm never looking to buy hatching eggs. I do get catalogs that I've seen hatching eggs in, just I'm not sure of the breeds. Sorry that I don't know of any pacific ones. :(

I was not looking at any specific part of the country, so I just looked at the websites for the big hatcheries I knew of.
They all offer many breeds of chicks, but some do not offer eggs at all, and even the ones that do offer some eggs have a much smaller selection of eggs than they do of chicks.

Some hatcheries I checked:
https://www.idealpoultry.com (no hatching eggs)
www.mcmurrayhatchery.com (very few choices for eggs, no Seramas)
www.cacklehatchery.com (no Seramas)
https://hoovershatchery.com/ (very few choices for eggs, no Seramas)
www.mypetchicken.com (no Seramas)
www.strombergschickens.com (no Seramas)
www.welphatchery.com (no hatching eggs)
www.dunlaphatcherypoultry.com (very few choices for eggs, no Seramas)

Last edited:
I was not looking at any specific part of the country, so I just looked at the websites for the big hatcheries I knew of.
They all offer many breeds of chicks, but some do not offer eggs at all, and even the ones that do offer some eggs have a much smaller selection of eggs than they do of chicks.

Some hatcheries I checked:
https://www.idealpoultry.com (no hatching eggs)
www.mcmurrayhatchery.com (very few choices for eggs, no Seramas)
www.cacklehatchery.com (no Seramas)
hoovershatchery.com (very few choices for eggs, no Seramas)
www.mypetchicken.com (no Seramas)
www.strombergschickens.com (no Seramas)
www.welphatchery.com (no hatching eggs)
www.dunlaphatcherypoultry.com (very few choices for eggs, no Seramas)
That's too bad, but thanks for checking them all. I wonder why they don't have hatching eggs for Seramas?

That's too bad, but thanks for checking them all. I wonder why they don't have hatching eggs for Seramas?
I'm guessing big hatcheries don't supply serama chicks or eggs because they are not exceptional egg layers, not cold hardy, and not for meat. Therefore they probably are not a great investment unless the hatchery puts a lot more time and effort into breeding for show quality - which probably wouldn't be worth it if they sell a ton of other breeds successfully anyway. Hatcheries wouldn't be selling hundreds or thousands of seramas to an individual because they really aren't a great investment to a farm like meat or egg birds are.

I'm guessing big hatcheries don't supply serama chicks or eggs because they are not exceptional egg layers, not cold hardy, and not for meat. Therefore they probably are not a great investment unless the hatchery puts a lot more time and effort into breeding for show quality - which probably wouldn't be worth it if they sell a ton of other breeds successfully anyway. Hatcheries wouldn't be selling hundreds or thousands of seramas to an individual because they really aren't a great investment to a farm like meat or egg birds are.
Ok. That makes perfect sense! Thank you so much for that insight! :hugs

Sorry that I wasn't able to help you out more. I really hope that you can find what you're looking for. :thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom