"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

If y'all haven't checked out the weather for the expo it supposed to be Beautiful.
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif

High 70 Low 41.
wink.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Whoo-hoo!!!! getting excited here!

Calling today to make my appointment for my NPIP testing!

I took pics of my new Blue Orps and the peas yesterday but I have to download the computer program & then the pics before I can post them. Hopefully at some point today that'll get done!

Quote:
http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/3092/juliesjunk332011001.jpg

OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grambysfarm !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
YES YES YES!!! I would love them. The more dirt, leaves and spider webs on them the better!!! That means these items have character and a story to tell. Oh, thank you for thinking of me. These items will be part of my chicken house decor. You are the best. I can't wait to pick them up at the Expo !!!!! Thanks again!

I cant recall his name...but I think it is Mississippifarmboy or something like that....I came across pics of his chicken house while browsing through another thread.....it sounds like it would be right up your alley! He has old antique signs....a stop light, etc all around his. Please post pics of yours:)

Okeedokee....I found out my real estate obligations may get postponed so I may be able to talk at least one family member in to driving to West Monroe w/me next weekend for the expo. I need some advice...because it is very likely I will purchase something while there:D If we do purchase chicks...can we transport them home in a standard large dog kennel inside the back of our Suburban? Will the feed that I need to start them on be available there or do I need to purchase it locally before I leave? Finally....I am going to list what we ultimately want and maybe you folks that are going to be there could message me if you will have them and how much and other details like where you will be set up, etc???

My son insists on getting some Polish hens....we saw some in what I guess you would call the buff color and they were really pretty-prob want at least 2-i thinks these birds are fabulous and could watch them all day
In order to keep my daughter in the game, I promised her colored eggs:) So I guess we need a couple EE's?

We do not want more than 6 female birds...but I want a variety...I am having a hard time deciding on final two. I was thinking Plymouth Barred Rock because they are so pretty...but I am looking for suggestions from seasoned chicken owners. The silkies fascinate me....so maybe a silkie and a Plymouth?

We will be maintaining these birds simply as pets with benefits:) Their coop is going to be rather spiffy if I say so myself.....
In addition to the birds, I would like to purchase some vintage galvanized feeders and waterers. Will there be anything like that at the expo?

If you will have any of this available-birds or supplies- or any other advice...please PM me with prices etc.

Pics of my newest chicklets -- two Exchequer Leghorns. I think they are the prettiest chicks ever!
I'll post pics of the peas in the Peacock section.

Eastercreek, a large dog kennel will work fine to transport birds, be sure & put something underneath it as they are messy and also bring an old sheet to throw over the top -- if they are in the dark they won't be as afraid. Can't help you on the birds, you might check on the Louisiana forum & I think there's a list over there of who's bringing what. www.louisianachickens.com

9393_ex_legs_backs.jpg

9393_ex_legs.jpg

Here's one of my Blue Orps - 5 weeks old now -- this one has me stumped, I'm hoping girl but I don't know, that comb looks awful big. What do you all think? Two of the five are definitely girls - they feathered out way faster & grew tails but this one was a bit slower -- but still faster than the two boys, both of whom still look "half nekkid" & stumpy tailed.

9393_lt_blue_orp.jpg

love the lacing on this girl -- she's my fav-
9393_dk_blue_orp.jpg

Barred Babies wrote: If y'all haven't checked out the weather for the expo it supposed to be Beautiful.

High 70 Low 41.

What a perfect weekend!
wee.gif

TerriLaChicks wrote: Calling today to make my appointment for my NPIP testing!

Way to go Terri. It will be a walk in the park.
thumbsup.gif

eastercreek wrote: I cant recall his name...but I think it is Mississippifarmboy or something like that....I came across pics of his chicken house while browsing through another thread.....it sounds like it would be right up your alley! He has old antique signs....a stop light, etc all around his. Please post pics of yours:)

Yes you are right. It's mississippifarmboy who has the beautiful farm chicken house. I love his chicken house. When I complete mine, I will post plenty of pics.

TerriLaChicks, your new arrivals are beautiful.
love.gif

Quote:
I have some on open pond but most penned
You can clip their wing or pinion to keep on your pond
Clipped wings have to be kept up with or yes they will fly away
wink.png

Wood ducks are nervous by nature,I can feed mine within 1-2 feet but thats from being here forever lol
I love my woodies

Quote:
That was so sweet of you to help your neighbor like that!!
smile.png
Have a good weekend!! We are suppose to get rain tomorrow
sad.png
But maybe it won't be to bad, finger's crossed! lol

Back
Top Bottom