"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

What a cute foal! Congrats!

WTG Paula....Cute lil fuzzy butts!!

What about this crazy weather, again!?!?! Wish it would stay...either way...continue to get warmer...or cold weather fora couple weeks...whatever...make up your mind Mother Nature!

Thanks, ya'll. I'm excited about this hatch. Harley, cute little pony.

Mary, I'm sooo over this darn weather. I was in shorts yesterday, today freezing my butt off.
barnie.gif
Ready for Spring!

Hey La-yers, did ya'll know its now 3 days till March, and I still havn't gotten any "Arsh potaters" in the ground yet as its still so wet and cold I think they'll rot before sprouting. This is very unusual this time of the year, maybe, just maybe, if it does dry out enough to plant, then we might not have to worry about frost bite on the plants, we'll just have to worry that they get a good enough start before burning up in the summer. Oh well could still be worse yet, could be still iced in like the northern BYCers on here.

catdaddy

Quote:
I hear ya... By this time of the year my garden is weeded out and ready for everything to go in. Haven't touched it yet cause it's so wet!! I'm hoping by our next weekend off (which is 2 weeks from this one) it'll be a little warmer so I can get busy!!

This year has been really weird. I usually LOVE winter and we also get so much stuff done because it's cooler but with all this rain we haven't accomplished anything! So wishing for some spring days!!

Missi

Hi everybody! Same here---I finally started garden seeds in the greenhouse last weekend, but the rose beds still haven't been weeded, garden hasn't been touched, hedges need trimming, still haven't moved the "grow-out" run (was going to add that to the ducks' run).

LOL, have to share this---I woke up at 3 a.m. this morning hearing the new hatchlings (1 week old today) in the utility room---evidently they rented some "chick flicks" & were throwing a wild party! I wen to see what was going on & they had discovered how to tear up the cheap paper towel I use the first week--they were having a blast cheeping & running around tearing up paper! It was so funny watching them. Tomorrow I'll move them upstairs to the study, to a bigger brooder & put some "toys" (pieces of logs, etc) in there for them.

Hope everybody has a good weekend & maybe sees some sunshine!

Hello All,

I'm new to the site, and getting ready to get me some chickens for the first time. I live in Metairie, and was thrilled to find out yesterday that there are no health or zoning restrictions regarding chickens! I've been reading a ton trying to learn about coops and runs and care, etc. I can't wait!

Back
Top Bottom