"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

I left them upright. It didn't seem to hurt anything. I did notice that whenever someone was "almost out" then whoever was already hatched rushed over to crowd them. Had they been on their sides, the pipping eggs would have rolled all over. BUT the crowd support could have possibly assisted a side hatched, instead of occasionally hindering an upright one.

I missed the first one, but I watched all the others. Very fascinating. After the initial pip yesterday (that lasted FOREVER), the first chick was probably only minutes old when I found it at 6:45 this morning. The other five had hatched by 11 or so. That sounds slow, but it was like popcorn.

I had put paper towels and a washcloth on the wire mesh, but they kept climbing back into the cartons. That's the biggest reason I moved them; they seemed to be having trouble maneuvering the wire and cartons, and I wanted them to get their legs straight. Also, I didn't want them bothering those last three eggs, in case I have another rotten one on my hands.

Here they are all dry:

Perfectly adorable picture!

Buggles,

Good to see someone else from leesville area. Looks like you have been around for a little bit. Do we have any good farmers markets or live stock swaps in our area?
I've kind of put myself out of the loop for the better part of the last year to keep myself in check (1 minute back on byc and my eyes are already dilating at chicks and my finger hovered over the auction thread like its own sentient being)
hide.gif
, but mostly as far as I know most of what goes on is in Deridder or Many.

Eekkk!!! I'm happy your back! I think about you and baby. Hope you both are better.
hugs.gif

Everything's doing okay now. We went to the neurologist today and the EEG was clean so we are going to wean her off of the meds. She's almost 12 lbs now! Little chunky monkey is growing.
smile.png

Buggles, 

Good to see someone else from leesville area. Looks like you have been around for a little bit. Do we have any good farmers markets or live stock swaps in our area?

I may need a swap later in the summer too. I did sell some of my extra mix breed chicks (yay). But I'm sure we won't keep every single Cochin the kids hatch out for 4-h. And now we are going to have to sell the Serama. Chicken drama days :rolleyes:

I've kind of put myself out of the loop for the better part of the last year to keep myself in check (1 minute back on byc and my eyes are already dilating at chicks and my finger hovered over the auction thread like its own sentient being) :oops: , but mostly as far as I know most of what goes on is in Deridder or Many. 

Everything's doing okay now. We went to the neurologist today and the EEG was clean so we are going to wean her off of the meds. She's almost 12 lbs now! Little chunky monkey is growing. :)

That is very good news!

I've kind of put myself out of the loop for the better part of the last year to keep myself in check (1 minute back on byc and my eyes are already dilating at chicks and my finger hovered over the auction thread like its own sentient being)
hide.gif
, but mostly as far as I know most of what goes on is in Deridder or Many.

Everything's doing okay now. We went to the neurologist today and the EEG was clean so we are going to wean her off of the meds. She's almost 12 lbs now! Little chunky monkey is growing.
smile.png

Woot!! all good! glad to see you back! Hugs to the chunky monkey!

Back
Top Bottom