"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

so three hours with the 2500 watt heater in the well pit and still no water...

anyways i was thinking about buying a cabinet incubator from gqf but had some people say the motor goes bad in them...any suggestions or thoughts about which ones are good

Morning all, miserable day isn't it? Not too cold so I'm gonna be doing my chores and relaxing the rest of the day. Tomorrow is the surgeon visit so I'm antsy about that. Gonna get it over with as quick as possible and finish the rehab. I think I'll concentrate on getting my freezer and canning supplies rather than worrying about not having an early garden. That way if necessary, I'll visit the stands and bring back things to can. That will occupy my thoughts. I tend to over think things OCD. :D

I always imagine things will be worse then they turn out to be. It will be the same for you. You'll see it will be a piece of cake. Pam

I hadn't thought about it yet - probably will use something. Can you post the link to the video please? Thank you!

I just found it, but am unable to link it. It was posted by Becky Salinger DVM on the Cochin International Facebook page. So it's not on you tube or anything like that. It's down the page a little ways. There are a few different kinds and I think they discuss that as well. They use ZIP brand I believe. I bet if we dig we can find some more videos out there, even if it's a demonstration video by companies that sell the wing bands.

so three hours with the 2500 watt heater in the well pit and still no water...

anyways i was thinking about buying a cabinet incubator from gqf but had some people say the motor goes bad in them...any suggestions or thoughts about which ones are good
Birdie, I bought a Dickeys 2x2 http://dickeyincubators.com/ with electronic thermostat and backup wafer stat with plexi door. They're made with plywood not particle board. Parts are readily available. Earnest Dickey answers the phone when you call so he is customer service. Shipping is quick I think I received mine within 2-3 days of ordering. I didn't buy the automatic humidity system. I think it's basically a bucket that sits on top of the bator and a float that goes in the water pan so you don't have to open the bator to keep adding water. The 2x2 holds almost 200 eggs in the turning trays. I did add a second thermometer to mine. The hatching trays with the lids on are too short to hatch in cartons so I made wire partitions to keep the chicks from jumping out. The partitions are also to keep the chicks separated if you trying to keep track of what eggs hatch for breeding purposes.

In need of some assistance. One of my older hens has been acting strange lately. She is now weak and unable to walk properly. It seems as if she has issues just standing on her own. She has also lost some weight. Anyone know what might be wrong? Her symptoms are common with many illnesses from searching online. Does anyone have anything specific that I can try or check?

In need of some assistance. One of my older hens has been acting strange lately. She is now weak and unable to walk properly. It seems as if she has issues just standing on her own. She has also lost some weight. Anyone know what might be wrong? Her symptoms are common with many illnesses from searching online. Does anyone have anything specific that I can try or check?

Take her inside look at her vent does she have diarrhea ? Looking at her vent is she contracting and relaxing?Pam

Quote:
Funny thing about that, at 12:45pm I looked at my phone and realized that the 16th is on a Monday not Tues like I was thinking. Yikes!!!!! I called them and bathed and rushed over an hour late but everything was fine. Twenty people in front of me. ha. Sure enough the knee does need it so I will be going in on March 10 and having it done. Dr agrees that rehab for 2-3wks is best for me. I'll be in clover. I do have a high thresh hold for pain so I'm just going to get it over and get going. My health is so darn good except for this. I'm not a negative person and look for the best. And usually I find it. I really liked the Dr. I've got a dozen blue egg layer eggs that I was thinking about putting in the bator just to see if they were fertile. They would be done about the time of the surgery. The SeBrights have about 10 more days. Gonna be in such trouble. ha.

That could be egg bound with the symptoms that Pam suggested you look for.

Or it could be worms....... Had she been dewormed in the last 6 months?

It also could be an external parasite. Some are blood suckers. You can get a bright light and start going through her feathers really close up and inspect from skin to the tips of feathers. Look at the nape odd the neck, under wings and around the vent.

That is a start. Sometimes it takes acting like you are a detective and going through things in a systematic way to figure things out. Let us know if you can find any thing specific that can help diagnose.

also check to see if the poo might be foamy/yellowish....or even be alittle red color to the poop...if so you could treat with 1/2ml/cc or liquid corid solution orally....i guess just watch the bird to watch for some more things....and let us know

Back
Top Bottom