"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Quote:
Yep, definelty ready for some Tiger football!! I'll have to watch it on the computer since I'm at work!!

You can try sticking her in a wire bottomed cage and leaving her in there for a few days. Make sure they is no bedding in there to help keep her bum warm! I broke one like this before!! Some have luck with it and others don't!!

Good Morning Peeps!!
frow.gif
Hope you all have a wonderful Saturday!!
yippiechickie.gif

Quote:
Maybe Terri? sounds as if with her rooster pop. and if her hens are laying she should be able to muster up enough to satisfy your broody girl. I love broodies I have TOO DMND many, but I still love them. Its nature at work (procreation), its so cool esp. when you get to experience it first hand.
smile.png

oh good mornin' La-yers 'bout forgot my manners this fine mornin' here in the deep south.
smile.png

Jeff

Quote:
Geaux L-S-U eeeellllllllLLLLL S U !!!!
yippiechickie.gif
I love them .
clap.gif
Oops got carried away there .
bow.gif

Okay , about the broody , will try that . My gosh do they stay that way forever once they get in the trance ?

Quote:
yippiechickie.gif
I love them .
clap.gif
bow.gif

Okay , about the broody , will try that . My gosh do they stay that way forever once they get in the trance ?

Another point of interest , I don't recall how many saw a post I made about getting crates that windshields come in , they make wonderful hospitals if you make compartments
out of them , or need to pair up some birds to help nature along or give the little ones a great spacey cage without making dividers . They are about 9 feet long , 4 feet in width and about 5 feet
tall , I made three compartments out of mine , slapped some wire and doors on it , and a roof . Oh , and the thing was free , the glass company was happy to get rid of it.
I also mentioned that caskets come in crates , I called around this past week, and the funeral homes I called, do not have their caskets delivered in crates anymore .
Drats . Those crates would have made great pens , et.al. .

Quote:
yippiechickie.gif
I love them .
clap.gif
bow.gif

What year did you graduate from LS-WHO? You may know some of my unfortunate friends who went to that school.
lau.gif

Quote:
yippiechickie.gif
I love them .
clap.gif
bow.gif

No she won't stay that way forever. Might seem like it though!!
lau.gif

Quote:
yippiechickie.gif
I love them .
clap.gif
bow.gif

What year did you graduate from LS-WHO? You may know some of my unfortunate friends who went to that school.
lau.gif

I didn't graduate from LSU , I attended Northeast . Jerry Stovall that coached them back in the 80's is a relative on my mammy's side and I have to brag ,
my dearest nephew graduates this year pre-med and has been accepted to LSU -Shreveport .

My doctor said I was his only patient that bled purple and gold !
lau.gif
gig.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
The muscovies are pretty big so a half dozen would be plenty to start with. Im jealous that you have so many ducks to eat. If you were closer I would buy some meat from you. I miss eating duck gumbo. It is rare that you find duck for sale in the grocery store. I used to hunt them but its been years since I did that. Next Spring I will get some eggs from you to hatch some if you still have them. Thanks for the response.

Let me know when you are ready for some duck eggs. I will give you a few FREE dozen duck eggs. I am always on duck egg overload. The only thing that I will warn you is that I have a 99.98% hatch rate on the duck eggs. Just about EVERY duck egg that is layed hatches. I think maybe only 5 eggs out of 150 didn't hatch for whatever reason.
gig.gif

Around the Holidays, I am always going in the stores to see how much they sell ducks. I went to Super 1 last year and their ducks started at $17.00 - $25.00 for 1 duck. I was like WOW !!!!!!
ep.gif

Wow thanks! I plan to get this project going next spring. I have to build a fence and address the coyote nuisance in our neighborhood. I will be getting back to you on the eggs once I get these issues addressed. I will also be running a water line to keep their pond filled.

Back
Top Bottom