Lucky Pickens Bantam Cochins

I'm getting a mix of the blue mottled frizzles and some Millie's from Amy too. Mine get shipped right after urs.
I also got eggs that are now 2 month old chicks from Nancy.
My numbers here are 91 currently with more eggs on the way!
However some boys will be going once I see how they mature.
;)

I'm a recent Bantam Cochin Junky. The Cockerel in my Avatar is from Wingshadows out of a Rooster Lynne got from Amy. I am hope to get him some smooth Mille Ladies from this hatch. He is currently penned a smooth Mottled pullet. I have another Mille Cockerel smooth that is a mixture of local lines along with Wingshadows birds. I currently have him with a White Frizzle, a Birchen Fizzle, and a Mille Frizzle pullet but would love to give him more Mille Frizzled pullets instead of the white and Birchen. All my current babies came from local show lines and now I am trying to bring in eggs from all over to increase genetic diversity in our area. They are so sweet that it is easy to get hooked.

Well this hatch is not going so well. After 13 out of 25 eggs made it to lockdown, I now have 8 babies. 5 out of the 8 I had to help. They started pipping early yesterday morning. After the first pips they just sat until the exterior membrane was turning brown and the internal membrane started to shirk wrap them. :( They are sure cute. I hope all 8 make it and that I have few pullets to keep. I still have 5 eggs in the incubator that haven't pipped I don't expect them too, but you just never know. Not holding my breath but I can hope for a miracle. I keep the incubator going till tomorrow night just in case there are any late bloomers.

Just got my bantam cochin eggs for Lucky Pickens yesterday, so excited to see how this hatch goes. I got 8 eggs from her blue/splash pen. They were packaged beautifully. The post office took its time getting them here (busy season for shipping) but the eggs looked great. Not a crack on any of them. Fingers crossed! But I'm definitely a happy 1st time customer and will likely be ordering more of her eggs later this year.

Just got my bantam cochin eggs for Lucky Pickens yesterday, so excited to see how this hatch goes. I got 8 eggs from her blue/splash pen. They were packaged beautifully. The post office took its time getting them here (busy season for shipping) but the eggs looked great. Not a crack on any of them. Fingers crossed! But I'm definitely a happy 1st time customer and will likely be ordering more of her eggs later this year.

Good to know! Thank you for posting this! I will be looking for bantam cochin eggs for the spring so good references are very helpful! Good luck with your hatch
big_smile.png

You're going to love those babies! I couldn't have just one order of eggs. I think I got 5 this year!!! Beautiful babies with great personalities lol Have never had a cracked or broken egg from Roslyn and my hatch rates have been 90-100%! And, those eggs traveled across the country to Seattle, WA. Best wishes with your hatch and babies! Roslyn and Lucky Pickens are the best
wee.gif
jumpy.gif

You're going to love those babies! I couldn't have just one order of eggs. I think I got 5 this year!!! Beautiful babies with great personalities lol Have never had a cracked or broken egg from Roslyn and my hatch rates have been 90-100%! And, those eggs traveled across the country to Seattle, WA. Best wishes with your hatch and babies! Roslyn and Lucky Pickens are the best
wee.gif
jumpy.gif

Ok...your post made me VERY excited because I am in Calif and have had a hard time trying to hatch eggs that have traveled a long way! Still learning...... so glad to hear you have had success!!!! Definitely going to look into Lucky Pickens
ya.gif
If you happen to know any people with Bantam cochin eggs on the west coast can you let me know as well? All I have found are cochin/frizzle and I really want smooth or cochin/silkie cross
fl.gif

Last edited:
I was pretty nervous with the first batch I ordered. The USPS doesn't handle the way we would. Roslyn wraps them perfectly, though and there never was a problem. Definitely look into Lucky Pickins. I have a really colorful chicken yard
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom