Luscious Locks Chat Thread!

How long do you think my hair should be?

I like an opinion

You should stop worrying about what other people think! :hugs It's never going to matter in 5 years, in 20 years, in 80 years, it will never matter! It's not their body, it's yours, so do what you want to do to it, not what they want. :)
There's a few different methods, a common one is twist n rip. Where you take two sections of hair and twist them together and pull them up. Slowly it forms a knot at the base of your head that you can build off of. Then you roll the dread together in your palms to smooth it out. That's how you start them at least, it can take months for the hair to knot together and mature into actual dreadlocks.

Sounds like it sorta hurts! :eek:

to those who asked about stating dreadlocks/// i started my dreadlocks by backcombing all my hair into little sections then twisting it several times a day, I have naturally curly hair so it takes easy/ my wife has straighter wavy hair to start her dreadlocks she got a perm then left it alone, each individual curl naturally knotted up and she ripped some of the curls apart when they started to mat together to keep some small dreads and let others mat together to make thicker ones. some people just leave there hair alone and dont do a thing , it will eventually happen naturally, you just have to rip your dreads apart into the desired thicknesses . some people tease there hair than use beeswax to keep it matted for a while then after a while stop using wax/ i wouldn't recommend that one but it does work, wax just catches dirt and stuff. I'm sure there are many more ways/ synthetic dreadlocks

Go for it. I'm not easily offended.

One word (Or should I say emoji):
sickbyc.gif
I like your hair the way it is...

There's a few different methods, a common one is twist n rip. Where you take two sections of hair and twist them together and pull them up. Slowly it forms a knot at the base of your head that you can build off of. Then you roll the dread together in your palms to smooth it out. That's how you start them at least, it can take months for the hair to knot together and mature into actual dreadlocks.
That's.... AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How do they get them out???????????????
sickbyc.gif
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom