Mahonri's 3rd Annual, BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

So I got up to check on the chicks outside at about 1:40AM, came back in, got in bed and the phone rang.

It was the alarm company telling me the alarm at our office downtown had been set off.

Got down there and someone had used a "spark plug" to break the glass in my back operatory and come in.... as I was walking back there, the perp was walking out.

I called 911, walked outside and saw him running down the alley... they had 10 to 15 cop cars and the ghetto bird over us within minutes... but he got away. I gave them a decent description.

DS#2 just got home from Hungary last night, so I called and woke him up (after he had been traveling for over 24 hours to get home)... we had some extra plywood in the back yard and so he loaded it up with the skill saw and brought it down. We boarded it up. So glad I had extra wood back there from when I built the grow out pens or I don't know what I would have done. Guess I need to buy some to have on hand for emergencies like this.

I reset the alarm and we'll call someone who can replace it when I get there at 7:30... I have 18 patients scheduled between 7:30AM and 4PM with a friend coming in to get his teeth cleaned and then he'll take me to lunch.

There is ALWAYS something... but I'm still alive and I scared the burglar off before he could take anything...

... and my son is home after being gone for 25 months.

WOW, SOMEONE WAS LOOKING OUT FOR YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
old.gif
GLAD TO HERE YOU ARE OK!!!!!!!!!
hugs.gif
AND I'M GLAD TO HERE YOUR SON MADE IT HOME SAFE TOO.
woot.gif
BOY, NEVER A DULL MOMENT FOR YOU !!!!!!!!!
th.gif
hide.gif

There is ALWAYS something... but I'm still alive and I scared the burglar off before he could take anything...

... and my son is home after being gone for 25 months.

hugs.gif
I'm glad everything turned out alright, Mahonri. Good thing you have an alarm system!

WOW, SOMEONE WAS LOOKING OUT FOR YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
old.gif
GLAD TO HERE YOU ARE OK!!!!!!!!!
hugs.gif
AND I'M GLAD TO HERE YOUR SON MADE IT HOME SAFE TOO.
woot.gif
BOY, NEVER A DULL MOMENT FOR YOU !!!!!!!!!
th.gif
hide.gif

Glad you're safe too... running into the perp could have been much worse! The CVS I used to work at got robbed earlier this week for their Oxys - it's a scary world out there.

Although I'll miss the pictures of Hungary, I'm glad your son is home safe and sound.

We've got
2.gif
9.gif
days until we set chicken eggs and
5.gif
10.gif
days until hatching!! Many of us do not know exactly what we will be hatching so we'll fill in the information spreadsheet when St. Patrick's Day gets here! If you're looking for eggs to set, check out the Buy, Sell and Trade section here on BYC. If you've got eggs you'd like to swap, join in MrHeinz77's swap. Make sure you read post #1 carefully. Here is the link:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...rd-annual-byc-easter-hatch-a-long-2-16-update

poussinoeuf.gif
poussinoeuf.gif
poussinoeuf.gif
poussinoeuf.gif
poussinoeuf.gif
poussinoeuf.gif
poussinoeuf.gif
poussinoeuf.gif
poussinoeuf.gif
poussinoeuf.gif

poussinoeuf.gif
poussinoeuf.gif
poussinoeuf.gif
poussinoeuf.gif
poussinoeuf.gif
poussinoeuf.gif
poussinoeuf.gif
poussinoeuf.gif
poussinoeuf.gif
poussinoeuf.gif

poussinoeuf.gif
poussinoeuf.gif
poussinoeuf.gif
poussinoeuf.gif
poussinoeuf.gif
poussinoeuf.gif
poussinoeuf.gif
poussinoeuf.gif
poussinoeuf.gif
poussinoeuf.gif

poussinoeuf.gif
poussinoeuf.gif
poussinoeuf.gif
poussinoeuf.gif
poussinoeuf.gif
poussinoeuf.gif
poussinoeuf.gif
poussinoeuf.gif
poussinoeuf.gif
poussinoeuf.gif

poussinoeuf.gif
poussinoeuf.gif
poussinoeuf.gif
poussinoeuf.gif
poussinoeuf.gif
poussinoeuf.gif
poussinoeuf.gif
poussinoeuf.gif
poussinoeuf.gif
poussinoeuf.gif

Last edited:
Mahonri, I wondered why you were up in the middle of the night. Very glad that the burgler wasn't violent and that you are OK.

As you follow this thread you'll see, he is always up in the middle of the night...
lol.png
.......it's just that this time he had to leave home and scare off the "up to no good" perp instead of spending more time here.

Back
Top Bottom