Mahonri's 3rd Annual, BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

I'm in. This is getting DH to finally build that cabinet bator. I have 2 LG's and a Hovobator also. I"m sure i'll have some broodys since I have mostly silkies.

Now back to finish reading all the posts.

Okay, Florida and nearby BYCers, let's get CBarrett some help finding some Buff Orpingtons!! Please tell us if you're looking for show birds or just backyard layers and your friends here will help you find some..............

Thank you! I found Nate Davis (okchickens) on this site and just ordered a dozen from him.. Thank you for your help!

Quote:
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif
That's what the hatchalong is all about.........helping and having fun while doing it!!

Now ronott1 had questions........................can anyone help?!
caf.gif

Ok, I will ask a question regarding fan forced hatching. I have two Genesis 1588' sitting next to each other. One is the new version(This is big design change from the old on. There is the addition of the Digital display of Humidity, Temp and a way to control the temp from the display instead of with switches. The water tray and top are different too. The vent hole is smaller).

Ok, the questions:

Someone said you should not let humidity go below 20 or 30 for fan forced. Any experience with using dry hatch in the Genesis 1588? Any specific tips on this one with an egg turner?

Should I unplug the vent hole? Instructions say to leave it in unless you are above 6000 feet.

I will be setting Dorking Eggs tomorrow and the report is that they are even hard to hatch with non-delivered eggs.

Thanks!

I'm in. This is getting DH to finally build that cabinet bator. I have 2 LG's and a Hovobator also. I"m sure i'll have some broodys since I have mostly silkies.

Now back to finish reading all the posts.

Welcome......and congrats getting the new 'bator built!!

I have been trying to get new Easter Hatchers by posting a picture of the map. It's hard to get the whole world in one image, but I have one of the US. If anyone wants to use it for their state thread feel free to copy it and post it with some sort of fun message. Maybe we can get more folks to join here.
yesss.gif

I am so happy to see the horse out of the Ocean!

Last edited:
I have been trying to get new Easter Hatchers by posting a picture of the map. It's hard to get the whole world in one image, but I have one of the US. If anyone wants to use it for their state thread feel free to copy it and post it with some sort of fun message. Maybe we can get more folks to join here.
yesss.gif

yaa im not the only Canadian now but i was the first

yesss.gif

Nice map! What's up with the Dakotas and most of central America boycotting us?

What a day at work! All management was out and I was delegated to be "in charge."
sickbyc.gif

As such, I'm excited to be home looking at the front end of a 3 day weekend. Unfortunately boyfriend works the whole weekend and the holiday, but that means lots of relaxing for me, I think.

I'll be on my way tomorrow to go to a friends cow farm to pick up some cow manure for my garden. (Yeah, I should have put it in in fall... instead I did chicken poop and a cover crop.) I went two weeks ago and they had a 3 day old calf that was cute as can be... can't wait to see how it's grown. Excuse the grimace, we hardly get sun in winter.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom