Maine

Nah we try not to display our skulls in public. We are already thought of as "those weird neighbors..."

A couple years ago our neighbors decided to throw a street garage sale (but didn't invite us to participate). I took the liberty of processing roosters in the driveway that day. I swear I had planned to do it that day anyway, but it didn't exactly go over well. They haven't had a garage sale since.

That's so funny!! Sounds like an episode of Duck Dynasty I watched where they got in trouble for gutting out a deer in the driveway of their housing development. Worst part was that the school bus went by. Parents of the traumatized kids were not happy!

Had one bantam DOA, two chicks are missing from my order, two more bantams died while I was at work. A friend got me a trio of Silkie bantams last night because they knew how upset I was, and one of those and another bantam have died this morning. The ones that were shipped were boxed inproperly, no heat pack and all the air holes on the sides were popped out instead of only a few. So disappointed as the reason I placed an order were to get bantams and I just added everyone else in to hit the minimum.

In other news, the coop is finally off the trailer and I can start preparing it for the older batch in the next few weeks.

So I'm hoping I've done something right with my coop. It's not finished yet but getting close. Not as glamorous as some that I have seen of this site. But I think my chickens will like it (I hope). I have done the building myself with some help from my dad and fiance, when their work permits. I repurposed all the wood from my horse barn to build it and even the metal roofing is repurposed from friends.

Nah we try not to display our skulls in public. We are already thought of as "those weird neighbors..."

A couple years ago our neighbors decided to throw a street garage sale (but didn't invite us to participate). I took the liberty of processing roosters in the driveway that day. I swear I had planned to do it that day anyway, but it didn't exactly go over well. They haven't had a garage sale since.

BAHAHAA I love it!!
1f602.png
Read this to DH. He said sounds like you two would get along just fine!
1f604.png

I can't for the life of me imagine why they would have had an issue with that.  You'd think they'd have been thrilled to get rid of all the crowing!  Perhaps they were offended that you didn't invite them to the barbecue the next weekend.

I agree! These non-chicken people need to see the upside on that one!

That's so funny!! Sounds like an episode of Duck Dynasty I watched where they got in trouble for gutting out a deer in the driveway of their housing development. Worst part was that the school bus went by. Parents of the traumatized kids were not happy!

WE thought that one was funny too! One of my aunts would not eat the turkey after watching Grampa process it for Thanksgiving. He said where'd ya think turkey came from? She said the grocery store!!!
1f602.png
1f602.png
We still tease her!

Had one bantam DOA, two chicks are missing from my order, two more bantams died while I was at work. A friend got me a trio of Silkie bantams last night because they knew how upset I was, and one of those and another bantam have died this morning. The ones that were shipped were boxed inproperly, no heat pack and all the air holes on the sides were popped out instead of only a few. So disappointed as the reason I placed an order were to get bantams and I just added everyone else in to hit the minimum.

I'm so sorry for your losses! I hope the company is replacing them!

So I'm hoping I've done something right with my coop. It's not finished yet but getting close. Not as glamorous as some that I have seen of this site. But I think my chickens will like it (I hope). I have done the building myself with some help from my dad and fiance, when their work permits. I repurposed all the wood from my horse barn to build it and even the metal roofing is repurposed from friends.

AWESOME JOB on the coop!! It looks great!!! You & your helpers should be very proud of all your hard work!

Thanks CoopChick719! Been alot of hard work and the first thing I have built. I am however having some anxiety of moving them to the coop hopefully tomorrow. Still have to do the run but figured it'd be good for the 12 girls to have a few days in there and figure it out.

Thanks CoopChick719! Been alot of hard work and the first thing I have built. I am however having some anxiety of moving them to the coop hopefully tomorrow. Still have to do the run but figured it'd be good for the 12 girls to have a few days in there and figure it out.
You are welcome! Yes, it will be good for the girls to know this is their new home. It should make it easier to get them to roost each night.
Just scared this guy off with a warning shot, after one of my dogs ran him off early this morning. Stalking my birds in broad daylight.
Yikes!

Momma fox teaching kits perhaps? Diana- that is an awesome coop! You did a great job on it. Hardware cloth over the Windows right? You wanna come build a double one of those for me?
1f601.png

Back
Top Bottom