Maine

Finally got pictures of each of our babies.  They're about 2 1/2 weeks old now.  One is already pretty red in the comb and has some red wattles coming in (the one with the red ziptie).  They were straight run, so I'm trying to not get too hopeful for a good number of ladies. I'm so glad that I can finally talk about actually having chickens, rather than just stalking the threads and staring longingly at other people's birds haha.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

They're wonderfully awkward at that stage aren't they!

Quick note: I'd be super watchful of those zip ties. They look fairly snug now, and your little birdie's legs will quickly become unhappy if you miss the window of time to snip them and replace with a larger diameter marker/band.

They get checked more than once a day lol. I give them a quick check everytime I hold them. They got switched to new ties right after each got their picture taken.
1f60a.png

I
Anyone want to try their hand at hatching some turkeys? I have 6 eggs need a good home. They are crosses. Mom is bourbon red, dad is either a black spanish or a blue slate. Likely the spanish.
I would love to give those turkey eggs a home. But timing is not good. Just getting over flu/bronchitis/strep, and I have 2 bators full of my own and shipped eggs, and not terribly happy about the way temps are holding. If only!!!!

I'm planning on putting up an electric fence. How many jewels would anyone recommend for a great pyrenees?

Are you talking about a fence to keep the dog contained? Or one to protect the chickens? In either case Great Pyrenees are not the best candidates for respecting electric fences. Their desire to roam their territory is too strong. And what they consider their territory is about the same as Simba's territory in The Lion King or 'everything the light touches'.

Are you talking about a fence to keep the dog contained? Or one to protect the chickens? In either case Great Pyrenees are not the best candidates for respecting electric fences. Their desire to roam their territory is too strong. And what they consider their territory is about the same as Simba's territory in The Lion King or 'everything the light touches'.

Oh no! So no matter what we do she will always have to be on a leash! If a fence can keep a cow in I would of thought it would of worked for her! We live on rock bed so we we're hoping that would of worked! Anyone want a 5 mth puppy! Aarrggggg

Back
Top Bottom