Make your own - No waste - 5 gallon (25# feed) bucket feeder for about $3

Pics
i used this type of elbow to make my 5 gallon feeder.... seemed alot easier to use. just set it in the bucket marked where the male end was, cut the flared end off and after drilling my hole with a 3inch hole saw and sticking the male end used the cut off piece on the out side of the bucket to hold the elbow in place.

Click image for a larger view. Hover to zoom in.
3" 90Deg PVC St Elbow

Model Number: K05820C | Menards
00ae.png
SKU:

(0)
Write a Review
$3.18 each
11% Mail-In Rebate: $0.35
Price After Rebate*: $2.83

* The displayed price after rebate shows your estimated product price after rebate.
Rebate is in the form of a merchandise credit check which may only be redeemed
in store. Some exclusions apply.

I love this idea!
thumbsup.gif
Thanks for posting it. Has anyone used one of these for turkeys? I need a new feeder idea for them and am wondering if a 4" elbow would be big enough or if I would have to go larger.

Last edited:
i used this type of elbow to make my 5 gallon feeder.... seemed alot easier to use. just set it in the bucket marked where the male end was, cut the flared end off and after drilling my hole with a 3inch hole saw and sticking the male end used the cut off piece on the out side of the bucket to hold the elbow in place.

If the picture is accurate, it doesn't look like there would be enough of a bend after you cut off the flared end to keep the food from spilling out?

I made a bucket last night with 3 ports in 20 minutes. Used a reciprocating saw to cut the elbows where I needed them, and a hole saw on the bucket, then I used pvc cement to marry the elbow and the bucket. It was as firm as a rock within minutes. Those elbows will never come of out of that bucket again.

I love this idea!
thumbsup.gif
Thanks for posting it. Has anyone used one of these for turkeys? I need a new feeder idea for them and am wondering if a 4" elbow would be big enough or if I would have to go larger.

I have one with a 4" elbow with a trio of turkeys. Works fine.

Made my 5 gallon feeder last evening put it in for the chicken this morning. I love it means ill go in less times to fill food. Going for a 4 day trip n this will make sure they have food throughout that time. I'll be making the 5gallon watered like Jimmywalt since I have all supplies now.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom