Malay Chat Thread

My first
3 month old pullet
I was told to breed her to a pure brown to keep the color. I don’t know what he meant by brown. He is German and their names are different. What color is this in the US?
3CD44146-DFE5-4643-8D88-161BD425ABE2.jpeg

All the limited info I have come across lately on the Malay seems to connect some dots for me (however accurate these perceived connections may be) in my quest to learn more about the Parrot Beak Asil.

Is it true that the Asil is one of the foundations for the Malay? or is that a later introduction to preserve Malay diversity and progeny? With no first hand experience I can only go by the photos I find online. The Malays I have seen appear to resemble the PBA above all others (in my uneducated mind)

Is the Malay essentially a PBA?

I would like to sign on to the club of helping to preserve and improve these primitive, and foundational breeds.

All the limited info I have come across lately on the Malay seems to connect some dots for me (however accurate these perceived connections may be) in my quest to learn more about the Parrot Beak Asil.

Is it true that the Asil is one of the foundations for the Malay? or is that a later introduction to preserve Malay diversity and progeny? With no first hand experience I can only go by the photos I find online. The Malays I have seen appear to resemble the PBA above all others (in my uneducated mind)

Is the Malay essentially a PBA?

I would like to sign on to the club of helping to preserve and improve these primitive, and foundational breeds.
Asil, & Shamo are classified as Malayoids, so that gives alittle clue, but I can't find much information on foundations.

I'm not sure, but they do share similarities.

@nicalandia, will you help figure out what was a foundation breed for Malays, or possibly Aseel? If you can. It's fine if you can't though.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom