~MALAYSIAN SERAMA THREAD~ (PICS!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where can one purchase Serama chicks or fertile eggs online?

Anyone keep any indoors after chick stage?

How well do they do in cold winters outside? Iowa winters?

Any have their Seramas free roam during the day?

Quote:
Feel free to check out my collection ; ) http://www.tommyspetparadise.com/

People
often keep them indoors, even as adults

They do only ok in cold weathers. As long as its doesn't snow constantly or too much draft

Welcome to the Serama World! ; )

thumbsup.gif

- Tommy

My Seramas live indoors in a giant rabbit cage we bought at Petsmart. I currently have a trio in there with plenty of space. We get them out and hold them at least once a day, usually more and let them outside in our backyard for a couple of hours 2-3 times a week for exercise. I hatched them in January and they are all quite spoiled rotten.

I have hatched Seramas previously from Dipsy Doodle Doo (here on BYC), catwalk (here on BYC), pamperedpoultry (BYC) and recently purchased a 15+ lot from an ebay seller (tinkertoyyorkies, if I remember correctly), she sent 19, one never developed/one quit/17
ep.gif
currently developing and moving around in the eggs!!!!
celebrate.gif
ya.gif
wee.gif
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif
D.gif
bun.gif
ya.gif
(Due Sunday
)...... All were hatched in my homemade bator, following MissPrissy directions.

Quote:

th.gif
th.gif
th.gif

Msbear please say you have started a waiting list for eggs from that GORGEOUS little lady!!!!??? I would die for some eggs with the slightest possibility I would get a chocolate Serama baby
love.gif

Quote:

I sent Jerry Schexnayder an email this morning, hoping to get on his list for a pair of Class B Seramas. I know it might take awhile, but I can wait. I would love to have a pair of his birds!!

Quote:
I recently had to sell my roo, as he was injuring my hens. They would be fine, laying every day and then all of a sudden they stopped laying and couldn't walk. At first I thought the one was just eggbound, so brought her in and a week later she was fine. Put her back with the roo and within days she could barely stand up again. The other hen was just starting to get the same way, so I took the roo away and both hens were able to walk fine again within a week. I refused to let them be hurt again, so the roo had to go. Luckily I have a smaller roo chick that I am growing out for them. I hope they will be fine with him.

I hope your hen makes it. I also made sure mine had some vitamins in their water and calcium (oystershell) mixed into their food...it seemed to help.

My three tiny Seramas:
16448_sermissynice0310.jpg

"Missy" silky serama
16448_serhoneyb0310.jpg

"Honey" 4 month old pullet
16448_sermarshb0310.jpg

"Marshmellow" 4 month old cockerel- has golden feathers with black lacing- pretty!

Tammie

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom