Mama Heating Pad in the Brooder (Picture Heavy) - UPDATE

If you want to quote one clicke on the single quotes at the bottom of the post. If you want to quote multiple click on the double quotes for every one you want to reply to.

When you are ready to reply each post is in its own box with space in between so you can answer each.

When i do this I edit nested info or info i am not replying to...

deb
Still soaking in what you said haha. thanks deb

I was thinking of using this scrap shelf. With a couple little wood blocks to hold it up. The height would only be not quite 4 inches though... Do you think that would be ok?
would need to be able to raise it as they grow...
, and make sure it is stable so when they jump on it it doesn't fall on the ones below

Did we just become best friends?! Lol

Fun fact- rats are just another variety of mouse actually.

I love that movie! I teach sixth grade and impress my students with my vast Princess Bride knowledge. They also have enjoy The Sandlot and Goonies.

I have my MHP setup ready, just waiting for my chicks in April. I'm also going to be hatching some EE in my classroom. I got a Brinsea 20 advanced so I will be excited to see how your hatch goes, Blooie!

Carrie

obviously you havent been present in a BS session...    My dad was a master at it. 

They are strictly for fun

deb

Yeahhh, definitely havent lol but the weird thing is in my head i knew it had to be fake butat first it sounded semi serious and got weirder and weirder so wasn't sure, like it just spontaneously started outta nowhere so it threw me off lol but i guess it does no good to tell someone you're doing it.

I love that movie! I teach sixth grade and impress my students with my vast Princess Bride knowledge. They also have enjoy The Sandlot and Goonies.

I have my MHP setup ready, just waiting for my chicks in April. I'm also going to be hatching some EE in my classroom. I got a Brinsea 20 advanced so I will be excited to see how your hatch goes, Blooie!

Carrie

Love those movies, though i haven't seen them in a while

I was thinking of using this scrap shelf. With a couple little wood blocks to hold it up. The height would only be not quite 4 inches though... Do you think that would be ok?

Check out @Aart shelf this year, here is a shot. She has it so the legs can be raised or lowered.

Check out @Aart shelf this year, here is a shot. She has it so the legs can be raised or lowered.

Agreed, @aart design is great also i believe @10AcreChick and there was another GREAT design i saw recently, an enclosed box type thing with adjustable height that i loved. It was really recent so may be some posts up. Also I would put tape or cloth or something over those cut edges on the ends, could be sharp for little chickies.

Ok Ralph.  You win this round.  

I concur. This round goes to Ralphie. Reluctantly.

would need to be able to raise it as they grow...
, and make sure it is stable so when they jump on it it doesn't fall on the ones below

The ultimate goal is to get the heat at the level of the chicks' backs and raise it as they grow.

Yeahhh, definitely havent lol but the weird thing is in my head i knew it had to be fake butat first it sounded semi serious and got weirder and weirder so wasn't sure, like it just spontaneously started outta nowhere so it threw me off lol but i guess it does no good to tell someone you're doing it.

If in the future you ever have a problem trying to decipher if what someone says here is the truth or not I suggest you ask me. I am kind of a truthsayer and can tell almost immediately what is Bovine droppings and what is not.

One thing that helps is looking at where the person is from, each area of the country is different, but the states in the northeast like Maine seem to have more than there share of tall tails. Heck, they even try to say Paul Bunyan was from there, when we all know he was from Minnesota.

Now in all seriousness, that design in Aart's post above is what I used when I lost the two chicks. They crawled under the block being held up with the screws got stuck and died. If you use it I suggest you cut "shims" and drill holes in them for the screws to pass through. When you raise and lower it put the shims under the block so the chicks cannot get stuck under it.

I know it is a rare thing, but it happened to me. I can also tell you it will be the chicks you want to live the most that will die, (Murphy's law will apply!)

Back
Top Bottom