Marans - SOP discussion thread

Hollow - another thing you can do which is super helpful (IMO) - find a high school biology book and read the sections on genetics. It will give you a better sense of the definitions of "genetic speak" and the verbiage is the same for any critters' genetics. It's a really good place to start, to help learn the terminology.

Hollow - another thing you can do which is super helpful (IMO) - find a high school biology book and read the sections on genetics. It will give you a better sense of the definitions of "genetic speak" and the verbiage is the same for any critters' genetics. It's a really good place to start, to help learn the terminology.
I am so REGRETTING selling my college biology book now... I kinda knew my way around it.

And I'll tell ya what, Rippy, they're not as easy to find as one might think they are!
They buy them back at school SOOOOO cheap..... if I would show up on a buy back day, I might could get one cheap. My old biology teacher might have one she will loan me for a while.

Thanks so much for all the links. Basic college bio I teach, so I've got that part! (and could probably scrounge up some old texts for others if they want. I know I have several on my shelf that need to go elsewhere.) The specifics for any species or any gene need specific guidance, though. I appreciate all the links...they look like fun!

I saved all the links. Need to get better aquainted with poultry genetics. I have had many years of animal genetics, but we used dairy cattle models--that doesn't help me with chickens!!
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom