Marans Thread - breed discussion & pictures are welcome!

Quote:
Thanks poularde! I love her.
love.gif

She's one of my sweetest girls, she'll walk right up to you and eat from your hand, making sweet noises the entire time.

Quote:
Cracker makes me smile big!
big_smile.png
You know I named my little creamy white goat Cracker too....but it never stuck....I call him PorkChop instead. Don't ask!
lol.png

I love Don's sense of humor.....I laughed soooo hard when I read that, DH had to ask what was SO funny. I had to tell him he would never understand since he's not a frequent flyer around here.
smile.png

Quote:
Hey Girl! Hope your doing great!
Thanks for posting pics of them.....I think you have yourself a cockerel (first photo) and 2 pullets (second photo).
big_smile.png
Saw Remi and Winny...both are looking great!
love.gif
I think if memory serves me correctly and I saw the Black Coppers over in the Black Copper thread and they both looked like girls too......but before I commit to that I will run over and double check if I can find the post again.
smile.png

Quote:
Hey Girl! Hope your doing great!
Thanks for posting pics of them.....I think you have yourself a cockerel (first photo) and 2 pullets (second photo).
big_smile.png
Saw Remi and Winny...both are looking great!
love.gif
I think if memory serves me correctly and I saw the Black Coppers over in the Black Copper thread and they both looked like girls too......but before I commit to that I will run over and double check if I can find the post again.
smile.png

I am thinking about naming the little Roo, Rudy cuz man is he rude!
hmm.png
He was picking on a couple of his little brood mates last night so I seperated him for a little while. Seemed to cool things off. The other two are nice as can be. Not even to mention....Remi and Winny (the favorites
big_smile.png
) Cute little girls.

How many have Black Maran's, is the solid black just not that popular?

I have 5 13 week old Black Maran's, 3 pullets and 2 cockerels.

Check out how black even the pigment on her face is
49869_chickens_12_weeks_038.jpg

Here is one of my BM cockerels
49869_chickens_12_weeks_053.jpg

Quote:
Are all of your Black Marans clean leg ? I see very few with feather legs. Now that the Marans are recognized by APA to show they will need to have feathered legs.

Yes thankfully they have clean legs, I dont particularly care for feathered legs. These are not show birds nor breeding stock, I was just showing some Black Marans that I never see posted. I'd like to see some more of others.

I was also interested in how dark the "skin" pigment of the pullet pictured first was. In person she is black from head to toe.

Back
Top Bottom