Marans Thread - breed discussion & pictures are welcome!

Hi I am new to raising chickens. I have a few marans I purchased because I wanted some variety in my egg color and they are beautiful birds. Here are a few photos.I am excited to learn more about them.

Well here they are again a week later. I have divided them into what I think are girls and boys. There are a couple in the girl group I am a little unsure of. What do you think? Have I divided them correctly? And fyi- they are only in these totes for the purpose of sexing and picture taking. They live in the big chicken coop now.

Well here they are again a week later. I have divided them into what I think are girls and boys. There are a couple in the girl group I am a little unsure of. What do you think? Have I divided them correctly? And fyi- they are only in these totes for the purpose of sexing and picture taking. They live in the big chicken coop now.

The ones with black feathers on wings will be cockerels

I have a splash cockerel I am trying to rehome. I cannot keep roosters. He has not started to crow yet. I am new to Marans, is his coloring typical? When I look up pictures online I don't see the yellow color in others. His sister looks like a typical Splash Maran. I also have a blue copper and black copper from the same breeder. They all look typical. Is he typical? He is about 10.5 weeks old.

Back
Top Bottom