Marans Thread - breed discussion & pictures are welcome!

All the luck in the world to your little hatch!!
1f603.png
1f423.png
1f423.png
1f423.png

I hope you have a great hatch!

I finished my article on purchasing birds from a breeder: https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/tips-for-purchasing-birds-from-a-breeder

today is day 21 and I've been holding my breath all day and watching like a hawk. There's been no movement or rocking or anything. I was just getting ready to candle and I saw a pip! YAY! My lone baby may make it after all! I'm actualy hoping for a cockerel to replace my main boy (who is a wheaten carrier) and to improve my egg color through all my girls.

Does anyone breed Blue Copper Marans and is shipping eggs yet? My mother and I have been looking for this variety for quite some time with no luck, so thought I would try here. We are willing to pay as much as needed for quality stock, and the darker the eggs, the better! Thank you!!!
big_smile.png

today is day 21 and I've been holding my breath all day and watching like a hawk. There's been no movement or rocking or anything. I was just getting ready to candle and I saw a pip! YAY! My lone baby may make it after all! I'm actualy hoping for a cockerel to replace my main boy (who is a wheaten carrier) and to improve my egg color through all my girls.
That's wonderful!!
1f423.png
Let us know, crossing my fingers for you!
1f603.png
1f423.png

Back
Top Bottom