Marans Thread - breed discussion & pictures are welcome!

Hey everyone I have two cuckoo marans, one is gray with slightly feathered legs and the other is black and is clean legged. They both have the gray feet. They are the same age from the same place, is there a chance one is not a maran?
How old are they? My cockerels are much lighter than the pullets

Hi guys I have a Maran flock right now. With a pair of black Marans, one English blue copper, one blue French copper, an English black copper, and some maran mixes. Which one will lay the darkest egg? I need to know because I am going to enter the eggs into an egg show. Also does anyone have birchen marans? I am wondering if I can see a pic of one if possible. Any help is appreciated. Thank you

If you ever get bored and need a laugh, go to Ebay and search for Marans eggs. Some current listings that make me roll my eyes: People selling "show quality eggs" People listing BCM's as "very rare" And several very mysterious listings of "Black Copper Marans white mutants". Whatever that means.
I saw the White Mutant listing and had to look at the pictures. I was expecting pink eyes, the whole albino thing going only to be disappointed. Ebay is a great place to go for entertainment purposes as far as hatching eggs go. I also came across an ad not long ago for GCMs but I really couldn't tell you what the parent birds actually were, perhaps a barnyard mix?

I bought my Splash Marans eggs from ebay. Blue Water Ranch. The birds turned out great and egg color was about 4-5. I bought some Bresse and never received them...took a year to get my refund. Bought some BCMs... they did not hatch....I prefer buying live chicks now. But thinking I should hatch out some dark eggs so i know what my breeding rooster has potential for with egg color.

My LP BCM chicks are pretty much all feathered out. Just a few have color too early but most look nice. My Sue O. BCMs are a bit younger but coming along great so far. Seeing about 50-50 male to female....hoping for 60-70% female.....

Has anyone ever heard of splash marans having blondish color feathers on their heads? Mine do, they are not dark, but they are definitely not white.
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom