Marans Thread - breed discussion & pictures are welcome!

Heres some more pictures of my marans chicks. They love scratching around in the wood shavings.
74490_img_4758.jpg
74490_img_4759.jpg

haha thanks for the vote of confidence Pink
big_smile.png

So, I'm wondering if anyone has a picture of a blue silver duckwing/blue silver salmon in any breed they can post? I haven't had any luck finding pics of the blue version of the silver duckwing...so far all I am going on is a couple sentence description I remember reading a few years ago. I'd love to have a photo reference or even be able to talk to someone working at developing them if I could be so lucky. haha

mgui35: Very cute babies!!
Hi yall. I've only been minimally posting lately. I was sick for like a week straight with a kidney thing. Feeling so much better now.
I hatched some key west babies and some mixed babies and 4 blue marans hen x bl copper marans roos babies (3 blue, 1 splash). They are so cute. I have more in the bator for a staggard hatch due in 3 days.

I have a stupid question about marans and thought this would be the group to ask.

I read in one place that the BCMs with the feathered legs are French standard, with the American standard having clean legs/feet. Then i read somewhere else that the BCMs with the feathered legs are American standard and that FBCMs have clean legs.

Which is it?

Thanks! (BTW, mine has feathered legs.)

Quote:
Both American and French (the US follows the French) Standard ask for feathered shanks.

The ENGLISH standard asks for clean shanks.
wink.png

I took a pic outside the other day of some blue marans eggs with the cacao pods I got from a nursery in Puerto Rico. They are full of cacao beans that I planted. It is the plant that chocolate comes from. There is a large red pod (left) and a small yellow pod (right) that makes two different varieties. A few years ago I ordered the medium yellow type.
cacaopods.gif

AWESOME!! Those eggs are gorgeous!

Say, I see you're a tropical plant freak -- where do you go, do you order online? Who is your favorite online nursery?

Quote:
Thank you. There are lots of places to find plants where I live but more so in So. FL than in NE FL where I live. I do order online a lot. One of my favorite online nurseries is zone9tropicals.com because they send huge plants not puny ones like some companies and don't charge any more than other places. I buy stuff on ebay or trade with gardening friends alot as well.

Back
Top Bottom