Marans Thread - breed discussion & pictures are welcome!

Quote:
Both American and French (the US follows the French) Standard ask for feathered shanks.

The ENGLISH standard asks for clean shanks.
wink.png

Thank you so much.
smile.png

Not that I'll ever show her or anything. Was just asking.

Quote:
Thanks! I'll check them out. Not quite tropical here but my master bath has now become a greenhouse!

Do you have a website or a page on here somewhere for your Marans?

welcome-byc.gif
Mgui!!!!!

Cute Chicks! Did you get Cuckoo's and Black Coppers?

welcome-byc.gif
rottnjen!!!!

Beautiful rooster you have there....I can see why Bev asked if you were going to the show in Georgia!
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
Ok MOUNTAIN MEL.....I'm breaking my own rule and posting photos of the babies before you post the pics that I requested.... which was not the deal..
tongue2.gif
, but I just can't take it anymore and have to share them.

Here are 3 little splash babies all from Gnarles and my Blue Copper hen Chloe.
11170_splash_chicks.jpg

The 2 Blue Coppers that hatched...the large darker blue chick in the back is from Bill crossed over my Davis Splash hen and the little light blue is from the darkest egg and only GFF pullet egg to hatch that was in there, Gnarles is the baby daddy.
big_smile.png

11170_blue_coppers.jpg

This is the little chick that I think is a Black Copper but it has been soooooooooo long since I hatched one I am uncertain and I took my blue colored glasses off to look at it but it still doesn't help. What do you all think? This baby is also from Chloe and Gnarles.
11170_black_copper_chick.jpg

Oh Pinks, those are some cutie pies!!! Especially love the splashes set on a pink scarf, LOL of course!

Not sure on the Black Copper? chick. Haven't hatched Blue Coppers to compare in my limited experience, but certainly looks like some of the BCs' I've hatched from Wynette. I know not much help, just opinion here.

Risa

Thanks Risa!
I'm leaning toward Black.
fl.gif
It's just been so long I am second guessing myself.
tongue.png

These little splash babies are the brightest and whitest splash babies I have hatched out in 3 years. They are so soft and fluffy I just want to keep them snuggled up under my chin. What can I say...I can't help myself when it comes to cute chicky chicks.
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom