March 2017! Hatch with us!

Im having trouble keeping up the humidity in the incubator!
1f3c9.png
What can I do?

What % are you trying to maintain? And, same questions as the previous post - what incubator are you using?

I added a little plastic bowl with Luke warm water and a sponge to squeeze more water out if need be. Plus keep those water cannals that are below the eggs filled.

I have 27 eggs set to hatch on the 12 th. I thought only half would grow like I read now I think I might have more then I bargained for. Lol. We have two roosters a Easter egger (is ameraucana and Araucana mix) and a blue Andalusian. The hens are a splash blue Andalusian and 3 Rhode Island reds. The dad to most if not all is Hawkeye my ee. Blue the Andalusian isn't that good at jumping on the girls. He tries to do the dance and it warns them. Hawkeye sneak attacks. Should be some pretty cute chicks.

I added a little plastic bowl with Luke warm water and a sponge to squeeze more water out if need be. Plus keep those water cannals that are below the eggs filled.

So much depends upon the type of bator - that much water would send mine into humidity overload
1f600.png
I am currently using a couple Hovabator 1588 Genesis tabletop bators. For the first 17+ days, I only need to use the center most channel on the water tray, and not even with much water in it, maintaining between 35-45%, although sometimes it gets lower and I don't stress about it. During lockdown, I put some water in the outside channels to bump it to 60-65%. So far, I've had a lot of success with this recipe for this particular incubator.

I have 27 eggs set to hatch on the 12 th. I thought only half would grow like I read now I think I might have more then I bargained for. Lol. We have two roosters a Easter egger (is ameraucana and Araucana mix) and a blue Andalusian. The hens are a splash blue Andalusian and 3 Rhode Island reds. The dad to most if not all is Hawkeye my ee. Blue the Andalusian isn't that good at jumping on the girls. He tries to do the dance and it warns them. Hawkeye sneak attacks. Should be some pretty cute chicks.

Backyard eggs do the best when incubated because they're fresh and havent had to undergo the rigors of post office handling! You should have a good hatch rate! Welcome aboard! :frow

I've always wanted to join a hatch-along! We set our first eggs yesterday! We've got three gorgeous blue cream legbar eggs, two lovely olive blue isbar eggs, and two beautiful pink Swedish flower eggs. It's a rainbow incubator! We'll be watching for them on the 23rd, as well! So excited to see everyone's progress!

I've always wanted to join a hatch-along! We set our first eggs yesterday! We've got three gorgeous blue cream legbar eggs, two lovely olive blue isbar eggs, and two beautiful pink Swedish flower eggs. It's a rainbow incubator! We'll be watching for them on the 23rd, as well! So excited to see everyone's progress!

Welcome, welcome, welcome!! :ya I'm so glad you joined us! I am hatching the exact same breeds! Will be fun to compare notes!

Fun! Thanks for the welcome! I can't wait! It's my first hatch and it's so exciting and nerve-wracking and thrilling. When are your babies coming, @orrpeople? :jumpy

Last edited:
I had a rooster like that he tried and tried but he got chased every time by a ticked off hen was funny to watch! Now you know as well as all of the addicts here we hope for a 100% hatch
1f602.png
. I hope myself one day to hatch a full incubator and I have a small one it only holds 96 eggs
1f602.png
I'm totally addicted!

Fun! Thanks for the welcome! I can't wait! It's my first hatch and it's so exciting and nerve-wracking and thrilling. When are your babies coming, @orrpeople? :jumpy

One batch of Cream Legbars are due on the 11th, then the other batch of CLs, the SFH and the Silverudd's Blues (Isbars) are due the 17th or so.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom