March 2017! Hatch with us!

My husband is going to kill me...lol. 24 turned into 38. I don't know why chicken math is so hard for everyone else to understand....

My husband is going to kill me...lol. 24 turned into 38. I don't know why chicken math is so hard for everyone else to understand....

Ooops!
big_smile.png
You are getting into chicken algebra!

(repeat after me.... "honey, a bunch of these will probably not develop anyway".... )

next week he will forget how many you had.

Akk! I totally get it! :lau
I was actually relieved this morning when I candled and some were infertile or didnt start because they were scrambled by shipping! Now I 'only' have 60 still going strong!!

Hello, I just set eggs the 27th, the 1st and today, so I guess I am in the march hatch a long. thankfully it worked out that my incubators *fingers crossed* will be empty in time for the easter hatch a long.
I have 2 eggs from my coop to see if they are fertile (just mixed breed) 12 silkie eggs (white, black, and a mixed color pen), and 9 eggs from a silkie, showgirl, frizzle mixed color pen.

Oh and my 3 year old named all the eggs. (I explained that they won't all hatch and she is ok with that)
So I have, Twinkle, Star, Flower, Lillian, Madeline, Christine, Will, Baby Block, Banana Block, Banana Honey, Mickey, Bird, Rooster, Goldfish, Sweetie, Elephant, Octopus, Eggy, Pig, Cracker, Tree Egg, Woody, and Toenail.
I am hoping that the ones that don't hatch due to rough shipping end up being the ones with really weird names haha.

Last edited:
Hello, I just set eggs the 27th, the 1st and today, so I guess I am in the march hatch a long. thankfully it worked out that my incubators *fingers crossed* will be empty in time for the easter hatch a long.
I have 2 eggs from my coop to see if they are fertile (just mixed breed) 12 silkie eggs (white, black, and a mixed color pen), and 9 eggs from a silkie, showgirl, frizzle mixed color pen.

Oh and my 3 year old named all the eggs. (I explained that they won't all hatch and she is ok with that)
So I have, Twinkle, Star, Flower, Lillian, Madeline, Christine, Will, Baby Block, Banana Block, Banana Honey, Mickey, Bird, Rooster, Goldfish, Sweetie, Elephant, Octopus, Eggy, Pig, Cracker, Tree Egg, Woody, and Toenail.
I am hoping that the ones that don't hatch due to rough shipping end up being the ones with really weird names haha.
Hi and nice to "meet" you!
Your 3 year old must be a very creative little girl. And wanting to name the eggs I find so sweet.
Now the question is will she remember all of the names she assigned, and if so will she remember which egg is which. How is she going to know which chick came from which egg? Ah, the worldly concerns of being 3...

Back
Top Bottom