March hatch along

i candeled my 6 eggs in my incubator its day 5 i see veins in my 3 orpington eggs and i cant see trew the shell of my wellsommer eggs all the orpington eggs have spider veins but im concered about 1 it has spider veins but there not as clea and look less developed then the others

Candled last night. Looks like I have just 3 now, the other 2 had big ole blood rings
hit.gif

On the positive side one of the 3 is my favorite breed, Silver laced Wyandotte bantam. I hope he makes it to hatching. Yep it's a he I just know it that's my luck. Thankfully I can have roosters.

Joining in for March. We set 31 Easters Eggers and 7 Australorps on March 7th. We also have a broody Silkie who I gave some EE eggs to. Yesterday I noticed our Frizzle might be starting as well. Good lunch everyone. Happy hatching!

Ok so I will be setting 200+ eggs tomorrow 150 or so chicken eggs and 60 quail eggs going to have to do some egg shuffeling in the incubator tonight or fire up my second cabinet incubator. this will be my first time with quail. I currently do all my lock downs in my styro bators but may not have enough room there is about a 120 egg capacity in them I guess it will depend on what makes it to lock down time will tell.

Candled last night. Looks like I have just 3 now, the other 2 had big ole blood rings
hit.gif

On the positive side one of the 3 is my favorite breed, Silver laced Wyandotte bantam. I hope he makes it to hatching. Yep it's a he I just know it that's my luck. Thankfully I can have roosters.

Sorry to hear that.
sad.png
Yesterday was day 14 for me and when I opened up the incubator, I found that I had lost two more as well. One to a blood ring and the other one was a stinker/leaker. Now I'm down to 14 out of 24 eggs. This is the third hatch in a row I've had problems that I suspect are bacteria-related, even after disinfecting and scrubbing the incubator thoroughly before putting eggs inside it... I'm seriously considering switching to a plastic incubator at this point.

[I[/I. Well I finally got to candle a few random eggs and so far they look great! I could see my little bcm swimming around which rocks because my last attempt had every egg damaged and none made it. I promised myself I would candle just a few at random and do a sniff test and that is what I did. Man was that hard, I still want to go back and bring the whole incubator in bathroom and sit in dark and look at them all more than once it is so fascinating. I know some of you are having a tough time and I was told to concentrate on the victories and learn from loss so each time is better. That was and is great advice plus you get to incubate more eggs!

Back
Top Bottom