Marraduna Basque(Euskal Oiloa) BUY IT NOW 7+ hatching eggs $25

I incubated 14. I actually had 9 that *should* have hatched, but due to a problem with humidity after I opened the incubator and took the first 6 out, I had 3 that pipped and died in the eggs. Lesson learned :( I was told they don't call it "lock down" for nothing.

WOW! my guess is that most of those are pullets. I have a theory that if the first feathers are dark on the wings, they are pullets. Could you keep me informed if that is true?
Congrats!

Heres some pics of my hatch 11-23-12 only coloring that gave away the roos to me were the neck and head bars but if you notice last pic also had some neck barring and is a hen so far!! have 2 roos and 4 hens at this point but been wrong before!! Just wanted to say had very good hatch rate for shipped eggs and would recommend pastrymama to anyone considering purchasing from her had nine go to lockdown wouldve been 10 but i broke 1
hit.gif
7 full hatch 1quit 1 no action i had to cull 1chick with a severe leg problem didnt notice it till to late my fault so have 6 wonderful healthy chicks
ya.gif
the picture with the trio is the other roo hope the pics help a little!!

Heres some pics of my hatch 11-23-12 only coloring that gave away the roos to me were the neck and head bars but if you notice last pic also had some neck barring and is a hen so far!! have 2 roos and 4 hens at this point but been wrong before!! Just wanted to say had very good hatch rate for shipped eggs and would recommend pastrymama to anyone considering purchasing from her had nine go to lockdown wouldve been 10 but i broke 1:hit 7 full hatch  1quit  1 no action i had to cull 1chick with a severe leg problem didnt notice it till to late my fault so have 6 wonderful healthy chicks:ya the picture with the trio is the other roo hope the pics help a little!!

Is the recessive white chick a boy or a girl?
That first photo a typical cockerel pattern feathering. Nice looking group of chicks.

Naturespace,

In the last 2 hatches I did, what I noticed was the more solid orange/reddish chicks ended up being girls while the yellow chicks with an ever so slight chipmunk stripe were all boys. I did have 2 whites hatch out, a boy and a girl and very few mille fleurs.

bambamsdad,

Thanks for the pics! They look like you just woke them up. Sorry you lost the 7th chick
sad.png

Yes the white is a hen.I also noticed the darker colors were more likely hens but the 1 hen in the pic is very light and looks like shes gonna stay that way the other 2 were darker 1 being almost mille the other multi colored if she stays a hen?? Unsure of what the leg problem cause was but the chick was twice the size as all the rest looked like a roo at the time but unsure as was to young to tell for sure.

Back
Top Bottom