Maryland Poultry Swap and Farmers Market JUNE 16th 2012 SHARPSBURG, MD 8-2pm **SHOW CLINIC**

Has any one lost any birds they bought at the swap?

I bought three birds and two died two weeks after I brought them home and the last one is sick . I don't know what they have. I tried treating them for cocci just in case and it didn't make a difference.

I got mine from the same seller. The adult bird we brought for the show clinic is not sick. So far none of my birds are sick but I am worried.

I wasn't planning on coming, but it looks like I may have 16 Delaware pullets to sell and other birds to sell. I can not do the 22nd if the kids show at their first poultry show, though. I could skip the show, but I don't want to take that away from them. We shall see. Hopefully the Cuckoo Marans don't hatch and I get to keep my Dellies!

sorry about your loss, spatulagirl. I lost a peahen to worms earlier this spring. I thought she was egg bound as she just started laying and lost her in just 2 days. A few days later one of my turkey hens went down with the same symptoms. I acted quick and decided to worm her with safeguard goat wormer (suggested for use in Turks and peafowl) Within two days, she bounced back. It's tough trying to figure out what exactly your dealing with when there are so many possibilities. Luckily you had a good outcome.

We've decided to go with the September 8th poultry swap date due to a few vendors not being able to make the latter date we were considering. It's also farther away from the MSPFA show date. We'll be hosting a swap there as well and don't want to overswap.

Fingers crossed the weather treats us well. Seeya in Sept and then again the first weekend of Nov. at the Frederick Co. fairgrounds.

Last edited:
Oh no!! Well, those are the only two dates I can do it and it looks like more folks can make the Sept. 8th date. It's always something isn't it. I think both events have their own pull so I am sure we'll both do well.

We lost one on the first night - a barred rock peep. Our 11 others are doing fine; almost fully feathered, and just moved them to the coop today! No more 100 degree weather for a while means they won't bake :)

spatulagirl - Did you get chicks, or adults?

Back
Top Bottom