Maryland Poultry Swap & Farmer's Market October 1st 9-3 SHARPSBURG

If any BYCers are interested in a having a clip-on namebadge with the BYC logo and their BYC "handle" and proper name, just let me know and I will print out and bring to the Maryland Poultry Swap and Farmer's Market - just a way for us to meet other BYCers! Msbear said that she was going to try to set up a tent with chairs/water/maybe snacks for the BYCers, and I have contacted Rob (Nifty)regarding the BYC banner and maybe some freebie bumper stickers - waiting to hear back on that. Looking forwward to meeting some of you there!!

P.S. anyone bringing any silkies and bantam cochins to sell? I have been saving my pennies!!
big_smile.png

I am not selling at this one so, hopefully, I will have time to shop.. gonna get me some soap
frow.gif

So.. we made the Herald Mail on Tuesday
wee.gif
.... and, we've been getting around 170 hits a day on our site .. Is it time to hide under the couch yet
hide.gif

riane'smimi :

Quote:
I went to it in June and headed back for this one.It is well worth the trip. Be advised though it's a two and a half hour trip maybe closer to three.Not hard at all to find. Get there early as there is a BIG turn out and you don't wwant to miss out.Last time I spent the night in Harpers Ferry and then headed out at 7 as it's only 20 minutes from there.This time I will leave at 6 :30 as there was people leaving when I got there at 7:30.
Hope to be able to meet you there
smile.png

hope people will not be leaving by 7:30 this time. it very aggravating to get there last time when the meet was supposed to begin only to see tons of people already heading out with boxes loaded full of chickens. then when i start walking the place at 8 am a lot of stuff was already sold out. i understand this year they will not be allowed to vend before 8 am. we will see.

AG​

Gary, why ya gotta be so darned angry
lol.png
I said no sales until 9.. which is when we open. HOWEVER, we will be permitting vendors to swap amongst themselves before opening as most of them want to buy as well and won't have another opportunity to do so. We will have this written on the self certification forms we hand out to each vendor selling live animals. We are releasing 20 white homing pigeons to signal the start of the swap and will announce it on the speaker. HOWEVER, we cannot watch each and every seller. I am not wandering the aisles asking everyone if they are a seller or not. It's just too much. We will have to rely on everyone's good nature to follow the rules. AG, if you would like to be the swap police, wear your badge and be ready
woot.gif

More good news.. I hit the Feed Bin on Lappans Crossroads near Hagerstown and asked Starr (owner) if she had heard much about the flyer.. she looked at me puzzled and say.. "ah.. yeah... like from everyone." She said everyone who comes in the store asks about it
wee.gif
She'll be selling feed. I've even had a few folks wander up the drive and said they just wanted to be sure this was the place. It's on like popcorn, baby
celebrate.gif

Quote:
I went to it in June and headed back for this one.It is well worth the trip. Be advised though it's a two and a half hour trip maybe closer to three.Not hard at all to find. Get there early as there is a BIG turn out and you don't wwant to miss out.Last time I spent the night in Harpers Ferry and then headed out at 7 as it's only 20 minutes from there.This time I will leave at 6 :30 as there was people leaving when I got there at 7:30.
Hope to be able to meet you there
smile.png

hope people will not be leaving by 7:30 this time. it very aggravating to get there last time when the meet was supposed to begin only to see tons of people already heading out with boxes loaded full of chickens. then when i start walking the place at 8 am a lot of stuff was already sold out. i understand this year they will not be allowed to vend before 8 am. we will see.

AG

This comment reminds me of a quote I saw once

"The early bird get's the worm, everyone else just gets a bug in the end......."
The Wise Old Owl

Brody's Broodello :

Quote:

AG

This comment reminds me of a quote I saw once

"The early bird get's the worm, everyone else just gets a bug in the end......."
The Wise Old Owl​

Brody's - Are you going to be selling any silkies at the event? As far as the early bird - even though I am a good distance away, I am getting up EARLY in hopes of being an early bird!! I have a horrible sense of direction though, so hope I don't get lost.....haha! Mapquest, don't fail me now.....................hope to see you all there!! Susan

If people want to swap birds at 7am or 3 am or 3 days before .... Why is it a problem? its their choice to sell birds when ever the heck they want to. Most people make prior arangements to pick up birds at these swaps. If they want to leave early, it's their choice. I do like that its not starting until 9 am though since I was late last time too.

Erin and her family are being extremely generous by opening up her home to us and giving us all a place to meet each other, trade a few birds, and have a nice day with fellow poultry lovers..... How dare anybody complain about anything.​

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom