Maryland Poultry Swap & Farmer's Market October 1st 9-3 SHARPSBURG

Erin, can the non-animal selling vendors swap early? Last time I didn't have the time to go pee, or even claim the door prize I won. I had to have strangers watch my table! I may be looking to buy some chickens if I have time to check them out. Is that OK?

NGTANGL, my name is Erin Moshier. Please make me a tag. Have you heard back about the banner? We can probably make one if nothing else.

Peachick's name is Kat LaDue.. make her one too
lol.png
see in a few, Kat.

Adoptapitbull's name is Allison Manderino. Maker her one too .. Allison, all sellers are welcome to swap early. This is your fringe benefit.. enjoy
wink.png

I am very excited as this will be our first poultry event of any kind! Planning to leave home as close to 7 am as possible, mapquest says it is 2 1/2 hours to Sharpsburg. Bringing a crate and supplies just in case someone has some Dominiques or some other breed I won't be able to resist.

A few things:

First of all.. to anyone wanting to participate in the Show Clinic, pm or email Tammy (majestic lane poultry) for your entry form. Tom Roebuck (cochinman2005) is an encyclopedia of information pertaining to anything exhibition and will be a lot of help with any questions you may have.

I am entering two rosecomb pullets.

Next: If anyone would like to donate a nice pair to the exhibition hall for our silent auction, please give me a heads up. All proceeds go to the VBA for Tom's support. I will be donating a buff columbian bantam cochin pair and a rosecomb pair.

Last: If anyone has something they'd like to donate for a door prize, let me know. Last Spring we had small baskets .. some filled with smell goods, some with preserves, some with antique baking stuff. 2creeks donated some of the most beautiful wild animal calls ever. Tonya donated some adorable chicken patterned bowls and two beautiful hanging baskets.

Looks like Chickenstock will have a nice sunny Saturday.. good for them.. let's hope our forecast holds out as well
fl.gif

I have the doorprizes i told you about.
I hope to show two jg pullets too.
I will have 3 jg cockerels. 1 blk, 1 bl, Youngest is a blue.
No I dont have any pullets for sale unless the splash bombs in the show bad then she will be for sale.

Name tag please
Tonya is my name.

Last edited:
Hey all! I am excited about the show- will be my first one BUT- I must work in the AM (in Baltimore) and cannot get there until 1. Is this going to be a huge problem as far as buying pullets? We are looking for two hens for a backyard coop (we are newbies) and thought this would be a good venue to check out. We are still going to come out, (because who doesn't love Sharpsburg on a gorgeous Fall day?), but don't want to count on buying chikens if they are likely to be sold out. Any thoughts?

i would prebuy.. from someone on here or you can try the Facebook page.. just search Maryland poultry swap and farmers market in FB That way your girls will be waiting for you when you get there
frow.gif

Brody's Broodello :

This comment reminds me of a quote I saw once

"The early bird get's the worm, everyone else just gets a bug in the end......."
The Wise Old Owl

if the early bird gets the worm then state in the flyers that "even though it starts at 9 am people here before the sun comes up can start buying.". all i am saying is"do as you say". i am a collector of many things and have a lot of different animals. i have run trade shows in the past to include breweriana, restaurant ware, and i attend reptile shows, railroad collectibles, gun shows and general swap meets. and at some we have a rule that if you want to enter early you pay an "early entrance fee" usually $10-$20. this gets you in an hour earlier than walk-ins.

it doesn't make a good impression on people new to your hobby when it is allowed to run the way it was. it didn't make a good impression on me.​

Last edited:
That is the rule for everyone but the sellers/breeders. This is this way because when everyone can come in anytime and buy we miss out too. most dont get time to unload before we get hit by buyers. That and the April one was the first and no one realized it would be that big,along with out of state people having trouble getting birds and the breeders not able to get what they need too. We lived and learned and will do our best to make sure no buyers will get any birds till opening time and Erin lets everyone know. As to the breeders after much talking it was best to give us a chance to set up,look,talk and swap from other breeders so we can get the new blood lines and breeds and help each other out with our breeding programs. the times where set to be fair to everyone and give everyone a chance to get what they want.
Maybe we should put up caution tape to keep everyone back ( sorry Erin I think you said you would have something I just dont remember )
Hopefully everyone will follow the rule and not make everyone else look bad.

Back
Top Bottom