Maryland Poultry Swap & Farmer's Market October 1st 9-3 SHARPSBURG

How would I find out if anyone will have any Doms for sale? I am interested in adding two hens to our flock....we will eventually add a couple of other breeds as well (one other brown egg breed and a white egg breed) but I don't know enough about the different breeds to say which right now.

Quote:
I don't that was the case last time. Although there were early sales, I was still selling until after noon. I didn't get a chance to walk around until late morning and there was still alot out there, including pullets. This time Erin has asked for the selling to wait until 9am. It all depends on how many birds are for sale and how many buyers are there for them. Remember, this is not a large hatchery with plenty of stock, this is individuals selling what they have available. Last time it seemed there was plenty to go around.

Quote:
I don't that was the case last time. Although there were early sales, I was still selling until after noon. I didn't get a chance to walk around until late morning and there was still alot out there, including pullets. This time Erin has asked for the selling to wait until 9am. It all depends on how many birds are for sale and how many buyers are there for them. Remember, this is not a large hatchery with plenty of stock, this is individuals selling what they have available. Last time it seemed there was plenty to go around.

Yeah, thanks for the info. I don't know it just looked like someone said they were mostly sold out by the time they got there. I will still be coming either way, feeling as if I should find someone selling the breeds I want, since I know lots of people like EE's. Also I am assuming it is mainly just poultry? I am on the search for someone with lots of knowledge on goats, hoping I could meet someone up there. Did y'all have many goat owners up there last time?

This past spring I was a seller and I was able to walk around after my birds sold and bought 2 pullets and I'm sure that was at least after 11 a.m.

I have 15 guineas and auburn java & blrw & 1 blue jg cockerels.
That is it.
Anyone selling turkeys??
I need a couple hens.
One of anything and a Eastern wild hen.
Please pm me if you have any for sale I can pay now.
Still looking for call ducks
At least I will beable to see the show and shop this time.
lol.png

I am so exhausted.. had my first day of work today. I got up at 4:30 and had to go pick up some goat cheese and all the farmers market stuff and head down to Middleburg, VA and sling some cheese
lol.png
It was a lot of fun and I got to meet some great people and ate my way around the market but, it was tiring.. hauling the stuff around and all the driving.

tomorrow is the testing clinic for anyone who's a MD resident and needs their testing done. Will Morrow, who is a state certified tester, will be here from noon - 2. It's free for Marylanders. We just need 10% UP TO ten birds to test... preferably from different pens. Birds in cages.. and try to keep them away from other caged birds.

Back
Top Bottom