May 2010 Pullets....waiting on first eggs?

First-time chicken owner here...no eggs yet. I got my two chickens on may 12, i think they must have been about a week old when I got them. That puts the girls at 20 weeks.

I have budgies too. I got chickens because I thought it would be something different but so far they are the same as budgies, except bigger, more smelly, louder, and eat more.
lol.png
It is pretty nice to be able to pet my chickens, I can't really do that with my budgies.

I do love my chickens...I just wish they'll give me some eggs! I keep checking the eggbox, coop, and run everyday and it looks exactly like the previous days: no egg(s). I'm starting to think the "egg day" is a myth...and it won't really happen! I'm serious! I'll keep checking though...
idunno.gif

April 30th hatch ....no eggs yet:(
May 8th hatch....no eggs
June 10th hatch....7/9 roos....nice chicken dinners but not many eggs will be coming from them....
I too keep searching the run in wishful anticipation from the April girls.

Congratulations on your first chocolate brown egg, Ellieroo. No eggs here yet, but I'm getting closer - both Marshmallow (Delaware, born May 10th) and Snickers (Cuckoo Marans, born May 1st) squatted when I petted them yesterday. Their first squat!

More of the girls are coming "online"!
celebrate.gif
I got six eggs today - check out these two tiny pullet eggs!
D.gif

58980_pulleteggs.jpg

Last edited:
I got my girls May 13.. got one egg last week (thursday) none since..I think that's kinds strange isn't it?? I hope nothings wrong

Quote:
First,
welcome-byc.gif
papeine!

What breed(s) are they? My earliest layers were the Red Sex Links, which are bred specifically for high production laying. They've barely skipped a beat since they started. The Black Sex Links have now started. Still waiting on my RIRs.
fl.gif

Quote:
First,
welcome-byc.gif
papeine!

What breed(s) are they? My earliest layers were the Red Sex Links, which are bred specifically for high production laying. They've barely skipped a beat since they started. The Black Sex Links have now started. Still waiting on my RIRs.
fl.gif

I have 2 barred rocks, 2 black sex links 1 amaricaua, 3 production reds and 2 black austerlops (something like that!!)

Back
Top Bottom