May 2023 Hatch-a-long

Pics
Tomorrow is day 18, lockdown day!

I'm starting to wonder if I should move my smaller eggs to their own "hatching incubator". I was just reading them might hatch a day or two sooner.

I also read a post somewhere on these forums saying an egg shouldn't go into lockdown until it is 100% dark except for the air cell. In which case perhaps I should separate the ones that are from the ones that aren't and lock down the ones that are ready but keep turning the others?

I'm probably overthinking this.

So excited for my second hatch ever drawing close. Bit anxious. Want so badly to do everything right.
I hear and understand you. I've had 2 hatches and this third one is much more laid back. Just watching the humidity and temp which has never changed. The humidity has been a lot better. Thursday night mine go into lock down. Good luck with your hatch.

Day 4 thinking the air cell may be a touch big...gonna try to up humidity a bit...

It hangs out so nicely around 50-55% BUT I do have a lot of porous eggs...🤔🤔🤔

Thoughts??

Attachments

• 20230507_161113.jpg
    20230507_161113.jpg
    347.7 KB · Views: 3
I was trying not to rotate them to keep air cells in good shape...bc of being shipped and all...

You think I should flip it???
I am by no means an expert. Only on my third hatch :) I always candle big side down. I did two hatches with shipped eggs and candled that way. One hatch was awesome and the other was quite bad.

It’s hard to tell from the picture but it looks like there is veining which is good! but the way it’s layered I’m not used to.

Back
Top Bottom