May Hatch-a-Long!

Pics
I use pencil.

Now that I'm done for May and just enjoying everyone elses hatches, are we having a June hatch-a-long?
big_smile.png

Quote:

Oh great you will be ready for lockdown in just a couple of days
fl.gif

I had a stroke last year and my hatches have been lousy this year so I thought it was time to go back to school to see what I am forgetting like my last batch the power went out in the middle of the night do to a wind storm a power poll was snapped and it took 9 hours to get the power back on and I got one duck egg to hatch and 9 more had to be tossed and 20 chicken egg's so now I just reloaded the incubator with a bunch of EE egg's from the yard 35 and 8 duck egg's ....

The nesting box's

Some of my EE pullets
D.gif

gander007
old.gif

Last edited:
I will go into lock down tomorrow with some real pretty blue eggs, and a couple of F1 OE's.  The air sacs are soo bad on three of them.   Not sure those will make it..they are almost to the top of the egg.  :/
Good luck ace.

Thanks! Good luck to you too!!! I've had no action yet. I was really hoping for something by now.

Thank you for letting me join in as the month is almost over ...
jumpy.gif
I'm getting close to the end of the month with mine..I have some that went into lock down yesterday, and now my NN's tomorrow. Not very many NN's made it to lock down..only three. :(

Thanks! Good luck to you too!!! I've had no action yet. I was really hoping for something by now.

Let's see, you are a day ahead of me? Day 19..or are you on 20? Still time. :) I like it when I get some pips on the late day of 19. On small eggs.
But these are LF. Sooo, will have to wait.

Last edited:
My own personal rule for intervention is 12 hours. I give 12 hours between internal and external pip; 12 hours from external pip to zip start.

this guide is very useful for understanding the exact stage of the process your eggs are in:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/491013/goose-incubation-hatching-guide-completed

80310_graphic-candle4.jpg

80310_graphic-candle5.jpg
80310_internal-pipping1.jpg

Graphics & Picture showing the appearance on candling of the progress of 'Shadowing' and 'Internal Pipping' viewed from the side and front of the egg.

Back
Top Bottom