May Hatch-a-Long!

Internal only and they hadn't yesterday evening but when I've looked this evening they all have and could see dark quick shadows moving in the air cell area. I'm hoping for some external pips tonight/ tomorrow. The humidity is up to around 75-80% it's got some light fogging on parts of the sides of my incubator if that's ok? I'm so excited. I've heard IR can be a bit longer than others? So tomorrow is day 29. :) hopefully I've got this right :)

Anymore action? Any external pips or chicks?

Anymore action? Any external pips or chicks?

Very loud peeping and rocking from some. One has made quite a large hole but it looks like the membrane is shrunk on him? I can see him moving well and his beak is clear of the membrane. He was a shipped egg and his air cell was saddle shaped if that makes a difference? You don't think they're all like this inside? I can hear him peeping.

Sad hatching results. Only one healthy keet out of eight eggs. I'm going to pick up a few day olds today so he won't be lonely in the brooder. Looks like it will be a lavender pied guinea. So nice! It sure is a cute, fuzzy ball of cuddle.

Let's see, you are a day ahead of me? Day 19..or are you on 20? Still time. :) I like it when I get some pips on the late day of 19. On small eggs.
But these are LF. Sooo, will have to wait.
Today is my day 21. This is the first time I've used a broody. I am hoping they hatch. I never see her off the eggs... so I think she's doing her job. I went out there this morning hoping to hear some peeping... but nothing. I hope these aren't duds! I didn't candle before lock down... so I'm not sure how they looked. If I don't get any chicks by tomorrow evening I will have to adopt her a few...

Squee!!! I am on day 17 with some chocolate orpington bantams. It's been a very fun exciting time around here! We started out with 7 shipped eggs in our brinsea mini advance. After a couple of little hiccups we are down to 2 eggs. I have heard that sometimes bantam eggs can hatch early... well, after checking my water levels and making sure everything looked good... one of my eggs moved! I thought maybe it was my eyes. Nope! It's not rockin' n rollin' But it is definitely moving. :)

But now I'm not sure what to do! Should I lock them down? Isn't it too early for lockdown? help! I can't sit still! It's too bad that I already went for my run this morning. I feel like I could run a marathon right now!

After getting only 4 shipped quail eggs to hatch (with just one survivor), I decided it was time to cheat. It was about 150 miles round-trip, but I picked up 30 on Saturday night. Hopefully I'll have better luck hatching out my own eggs in a few months.

Back
Top Bottom