May Hatch-a-Long!

Also, I went to go turn the Muscovy duck eggs today and they started wiggling around!! They're only on day 25 and aren't due to hatch for another 10 days!
Should I be worried and put them in lockdown early?..

@acemario Yep, pip, then hatched one EE so far. I have 10 in lock down. Crossies as Lisa would say on our thread. ha....

Had an early quitter. Took it out tonight. Still the best odds ive gotten so far. Sometimes I start with 24 and end up with only 20 going into lockdown. Or 16 becoming 13. This time I started with 18 and now have 17. Put the egg in a plastic bag and broke it open so I could see what was going on in there and its crazy. Only 10 days in, but its a whole little chicken. Maybe an inch long, eyes tiny wings and feet. Looked like a tiny creepy alien. Its amazing though. 10 days ago that chick was a dot on the side of an egg yolk.

I was working with one of my teen aged boys yesterday and he could not see anything through the thick dark shell of an EE and it was put into the pile of 6 out of 48 in the incubator to be tossed on day 10 and out of the 6 egg's one was just as you described a little alien .....

The boy is a learning to bad he is Graduating and moving on to High School Tomorrow because he knows everything and it is going to make it so hard for him to start over in the learning process .....

For anyone wanting an update on my shrink wrapped duckie he is now out and all yolk has been absorbed. Will get a photo when he's fluffy :) His brother is trying to kick his shell off. There are 3 external pips, one is zipping and the others are still rocking :)

For anyone wanting an update on my shrink wrapped duckie he is now out and all yolk has been absorbed. Will get a photo when he's fluffy
smile.png
His brother is trying to kick his shell off. There are 3 external pips, one is zipping and the others are still rocking
smile.png
Yahoo! That is good to hear.

Back
Top Bottom