May Hatch-a-Long!

Two EE's out, 7 more to go. Lots of pips. :D
wee.gif

How do you give chick crumb to ducklings? I've got a small dish of crumbs and a small bowl of water next to each other is this ok for them? Or do you wet chick crumb or anything? It's unmedicated.

For my ducklings, I always make my own starter feed consisting of organic corn meal, organic oats, hard boiled organic free-range egg yolks, and a bit of finely ground Himalayan salt, run it through the food processor until crumbly, then take it out and stir in enough of cream or milk and a bit of plain yogurt to make a nice slurry. They love it and their rate of gain / growth rate is really good with it. The down side is, it's more than just a little bit messy...

For my ducklings, I always make my own starter feed consisting of organic corn meal, organic oats, hard boiled organic free-range egg yolks, and a bit of finely ground Himalayan salt, run it through the food processor until crumbly, then take it out and stir in enough of cream or milk and a bit of plain yogurt to make a nice slurry. They love it and their rate of gain / growth rate is really good with it. The down side is, it's more than just a little bit messy... 

Sounds good but what's Himalayan salt? :)

Back
Top Bottom