May Hatch-a-Long!

I always fed the ducklings the same way if fed the chicks. Feeder and waterer. I would just add brewers yeast to the duck feed.

What can I do about this ? She hatch on the eve of lockdown over 12 hours ago.
hmm, just wait it out I guess. Was that one an assisted hatch?

No she was a surprise hatch she wasn't due till June 2 . I candled them last night before bed . Everything looked normal. I was going to lock down this morning and when I went to check I had a chick running around

What can I do about this ? She hatch on the eve of lockdown over 12 hours ago.
most of that is probably the membrane which has tiny remnants of blood vessels in it (if stretched out), it will dry up and fall off on it's own... once it hardens up you could trim it closer to the body. for now I would put neosporin/anti-biotic oinment on the navel area (where the tissue meets the body) to keep it clean.

Day 21 here... getting nervous and trying not to check the incubator so often, ARGH!!
he.gif

finally, a pip! one of the BCM eggs has an external pip!!!
clap.gif
hopefully not long now! it's just 6 eggs, 3 BLRW and 3 BCMxWY

yippee! so glad to hear about your duckling too, great job helping it out! :thumbsup

Thanks :) I'm so glad he's out. But him and two others aren't as bright as the little crested duckling who's a right bossy britches :) I've had to help 3 out so far and im watching another upside down pipper :/ but his beak is clear and he's peeping at me. Another one has externally pipped, one is half out and one more still hasn't done anything but I can see movement still so maybe he needs more time :)

No she was a surprise hatch she wasn't due till June 2 . I candled them last night before bed . Everything looked normal. I was going to lock down this morning and when I went to check I had a chick running around

Wow. My broody would not let me near the babies until well after they were dry

Back
Top Bottom