May Hatch-a-Long!

For anyone wanting an update on my shrink wrapped duckie he is now out and all yolk has been absorbed. Will get a photo when he's fluffy
smile.png
His brother is trying to kick his shell off. There are 3 external pips, one is zipping and the others are still rocking
smile.png

Alright off to a great hatch
thumbsup.gif

What can I do about this ? She hatch on the eve of lockdown over 12 hours ago.
Believe it or not, if mine hatch with some left out..I get neosporin, swab it good, and tuck it into the belly. I hold it with some pressure for a while, it works most of the time. This little one of yours looks to have a lot..not sure it would work, but I get the ones to work in pretty good with just a small amount left. Holding it in place for a while, until the chick settles down and will just lay still for a bit. They get tired when they are just hatched and being handled. I actually had to do this with two of my chicks that hatched today. Staying in! :)

I have two duck eggs that go into lockdown today. This is the first time Ive done this other than one horrible fail that didnt last but about a week. Anyways one has pipped internally. I'm starting to get nervous especially since it seems one is ahead of the other. Is it normal for them to internally pip before lock down and does that indicate if that one might hatch sooner? Thanks!

Ducks! Baby chicks! I had 9 out of 10 that went into lock down hatch. I just put the last two into the brooder.

Now in just a couple of day's you will need both hands to hold the little guy :jumpy

I don't doubt :) they're so cheeky! There's 5 hatched now. 4 mini silver appleyards and 1 runner. The other 3 runners are being lazy :/ I've got trouble with one runner though. He'd stopped moving and I couldn't see or hear anything when all the others were clearly making holes so I put a safety hole in his air cell and panicked because I saw he was all wrapped up and not moving. This is the view I got. Then he moved! But I've got no idea where the head is, to me this looks like the bottom end? What do you think?

Back
Top Bottom