RSL- red sex link
BSL- black sex link
SFH- swedish flower hen
BO- buff orpington
BCM- black copper marans
RIR- Rhode Island red
PR- production red
SF- salmon faverolle

And there's a ton I'm sure I'm leaving out.

EE- easter egger

Last edited:
Last months hatch made it outside today
wee.gif

Egg's for breakfast
droolin.gif

Bottoms up
hu.gif

Not bad got more
love.gif

Taste better when ya stand on um
yippiechickie.gif

gander007
old.gif

Yes BSL=Black sex link. For me anyway. I have RIR=Rhode Island Red, BSL, WLH=white leghorn. BA= Black Australorp. BPR=Barred Plymouth rock, BO=Buff Orp. SLW=Silver Laced Wynnedot. And A-W=Austra-White. And BYM=Barn Yard Mix. Also MP=Meat Project, (A-W x CX)

Todays count out of hatcher and in brooder

WLH -9
RIR- 4
BSL -13
MP- 9
Rouen -2

Still more pip and zip to go. 1 pip death, another shell covered the pip hole. Could of also been the chick was HUGE but had good external pip. Good luck on the last few days in May for late hatchers.

I have 6 silkie eggs that were due to hatch today. 3 have pipped and another keeps rocking around and peeping. It has been a long day of anxiously waiting. I am so hoping they will show some progress by morning. This is my first hatch and I'm not sure if I did everything right. Here's crossing my fingers.
smile.png

Yes BSL=Black sex link. For me anyway. I have RIR=Rhode Island Red, BSL, WLH=white leghorn. BA= Black Australorp. BPR=Barred Plymouth rock, BO=Buff Orp. SLW=Silver Laced Wynnedot. And A-W=Austra-White. And BYM=Barn Yard Mix. Also MP=Meat Project, (A-W x CX)

Todays count out of hatcher and in brooder

WLH -9
RIR- 4
BSL -13
MP- 9
Rouen -2

Still more pip and zip to go. 1 pip death, another shell covered the pip hole. Could of also been the chick was HUGE but had good external pip. Good luck on the last few days in May for late hatchers.

RSL- red sex link
BSL- black sex link
SFH- swedish flower hen
BO- buff orpington
BCM- black copper marans
RIR- Rhode Island red
PR- production red
SF- salmon faverolle

And there's a ton I'm sure I'm leaving out.

EE- easter egger

Thanks now I have a couple more to the list
wee.gif

SRO- Spangled Russian Orloff
MH- Molted Houdan

So, my May hatch, completed a week ago. I had 4 chicks and 1 duck that did not even internally pip. I had seen movement at lock down, all the others hatched on time and normally. When opening these eggs, they all seemed normal, just did not hatch. My hatch rates were better last year and did not seem to have this issue. I had 7/11 fertile chick eggs hatch and 4/5 Muscovy ducks. Any ideas of what may have caused this?

Back
Top Bottom