McMurray order of Red Stars and Whiting True Blues

alaskaleaths

Chirping
5 Years
Nov 9, 2015
Hey everyone. I'm attaching photos of my new Whitings for everyone to see.

I recieved my order from Murray McMurray yesterday morning. I originally ordered 25 Red Stars only and then while looking around a few weeks before shipment I noticed they had 12 Whiting True Blues available for my ship date. So I called and added 6 pullets then the next day I called and added a male. Of course I got the free exotic chick too. Now my problem is that I lost 3 Red Stars in shipping and another solid yellow chick that was larger than the rest. There is very little info on the Whitings but I have seen that they come in all colors. I wonder if the yellow chick that died was my Whiting male or female or the free exotic since it was so large.

The black and grey chicks have yellow on their underside.

If anyone sees anything familiar in these that could be the free exotic I'm all ears.
thumbsup.gif

Congrats on your new chicks! Thank you for posting pics of the Whiting True Blues. Any close up pics of the bluish one? I also remember reading something about them being feather sexable on the other thread.

Here are some close ups of the grey. If it is indeed a Whiting it's a male.

I'm not sure, actually lol, I'm still trying to see the flock photo on the website; it looks like they have white earlobes. They do have white skin, and lay blue eggs, so they probably have white earlobes too.

And the roos do have pea combs, looks like...

I'm in a rush right now, or I would go back through this thread and see if it was mentioned... But you might find some handy info since you now have them in your possession
wink.png

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1053564/true-blue-whiting-info-please

Yep, I have been reading through that thread. Thanks. The MM photo is seriously lacking. Hopefully they use a better photo next year. Maybe I'll send them one with a polite suggestion that theirs sucks. lol

2 Week photos.

Male

Female #1

White Whiting Female

Female #1 and White girl together

Grey suspect Male

Black Whiting Female

Whiting Female #2

Whiting Female #3 She's looking a little bit motley. She has feathers sticking up weirdly and she looks polka dotted.

Here is my update. Most of the Whitings were a slate blue like the one in this picture. However, I did have a few white ones, and a few black ones. She isn't flighty at all, which is great.

My Whiting True Blues started laying this week. 19 weeks old. Actually one of them started laying. I'm pretty happy about it, some of my 19 week old Red Stars are laying and one of my 17 week old White Leghorns is laying as well.

These are my Whiting True Blues. I have three white two black and this white and beige one. They are 8 weeks so I have a ways to go before I get my first eggs.

I have two Cuckoo Blue Bar Roosters and two blue bar chicks all so.

I forgot to say if anyone has any questions or wants to see a different photo I'll go snap more pics.

Back
Top Bottom