McMurray's Blue Laced Red Wyandottes

KW Farms

Crowing
13 Years
Aug 27, 2009
Wapato, WA
Anyone have BLRW from McMurrays? Do you have pictures? I ordered 8 that will be here in a month. I've been reading that their color isn't ideal, but these aren't going to be show birds, just layers. Anyway, I was just curious if anyone had info. and pictures to share! Thanks!

I had 10 MCM ones of them the last two years, actually just sold the last hen last week. 7 (4m/3f) were ordered as BLRW, 3 splash females came in an assortment, all 6 of the females were splash colored, the roosters were 2 splash and 2 blue. The lacing was pretty good on them, the red was light, they were attractive birds. They were on the smallish side compared to Sandhill or ones I've gotten from private breeders, their temperament was nice and they were easy to get along with and didn't cause problems with the other birds, one very nice thing about the girls from MCM was they did not seem to have the tendency to go broody as much as others I've had. They were decent layers, maybe 4-5 a week when a year old, eggs were medium sized and a light brown. This site will not let me post pictures for some reason.

Here is one of the BLRW that I got from McMurray this past March.

This is the only pic I have of the other BLRW. She is hanging out on the hitch of the coop.

Definitely not show coloring on them, but they are pretty calm compared to most of my other chickens, and they are one of the larger chicks I have. Only the cochins are as big as they are. Not old enough for eggs yet, so we will have to see how that goes.

Just an update. I got my 10 BLRW chicks from McMurray today. It looks like most are going to be splash? These are my first BLRWs so those that are experienced with the color. Do most of them appear to be splash to you as well? I'd love to hear any comments on that. They're all very lively. Appears they did just fine in shipping. They're too cute! Very happy with them. Pictures below! There are 10 jumbo cornish x rocks and two buff orpingtons in the group as well...

Back
Top Bottom