Mealworm farming

I am with ya there
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
That is amazing and awesome! Gives us all hope for when we forget to feed the poor critters. Okay, maybe I am one of the few that forget to add fresh fruits and veggies but like you say, they do well. Mine just get a bit snarky if I open the lid and they feel deprived!
rant.gif

Quote:
Thanks RockerHen! See....it's only as difficult as we make it! I'm glad your colony survived. There have been reports of forgotten colonies crashing so it's good to know this!

The little sliver of potato left was basically a fossil!
lol.png
and I'm glad they survived too, my little chicks adore them
love.gif

Quote:
Thanks RockerHen! See....it's only as difficult as we make it! I'm glad your colony survived. There have been reports of forgotten colonies crashing so it's good to know this!

The little sliver of potato left was basically a fossil!
lol.png
and I'm glad they survived too, my little chicks adore them
love.gif

Now take care of the little ones and find the 'joy' in farming them!!! LOL! I'm assuming you're gonna get it up and running again? Nothing better for chicken training than mealies!
tongue.png

Ok update.

First someone ask what was dying it is the beetles. not the pupa after they emerge from the pupa they are dying. I have some now alive. All the ones at school to date are still alive (by children observation). The wheat is all from the same batch so this weekend I'm going take out the wheat, clean the bin (even though it is the same bin as the two that are thriving) put in new wheat and add a small but moisture area. I also have alot more pupa now so it may just be the first few beetles out I notice deaths more because there were so few of them.

Just found this thread. I only give mine oats and carrots. Sometimes I go two months without looking at them and they are all multiplying like crazy. I can't wait till this winter to feed them to my chickadoos. My kids at some (me too) at a bug zoo. They taste....ummmm....like burnt fries. They were baked. not my favorite but if I ever had to Its not a problem.

Black Ameraucana roo....Carlos. Sadly, I no longer have him. His gene's are being spread to a different flock of Ameraucana hens. He became too aggressive and we have grandkids so he had to go.

Don't have the heart to remove him as my avatar cause I still love him!!

Back
Top Bottom