Mean muscovy??

Yucca quail

Chirping
Apr 4, 2020
I have two muscovy hens.. raised from ducklings. One has always been a turd to my kids but now she is attacking me. Last week I had blood blisters on my ankle from her. Today she ripped skin off my hands drawing blood. I literally can’t do my duck chores without being attacked. What happened?? Is this normal? I am really thinking about roasting her now because of her behavior. Hoping there is something I can do to fix her aggressive behavior lol

I have two muscovy hens.. raised from ducklings. One has always been a turd to my kids but now she is attacking me. Last week I had blood blisters on my ankle from her. Today she ripped skin off my hands drawing blood. I literally can’t do my duck chores without being attacked. What happened?? Is this normal? I am really thinking about roasting her now because of her behavior. Hoping there is something I can do to fix her aggressive behavior lol
Is this on the nest or near the nest

Is she imprinted on you? Is she usually sweet? Mine who is imprinted on me got the idea that attacking me would lead to me paying more attention to her. I just locked her up for 20 minutes every time she did it and she stopped pretty quickly. If she attacks you and you run away from it its probably a fun game for her.

Is she imprinted on you? Is she usually sweet? Mine who is imprinted on me got the idea that attacking me would lead to me paying more attention to her. I just locked her up for 20 minutes every time she did it and she stopped pretty quickly. If she attacks you and you run away from it its probably a fun game for her.
Usually pretty sweet. Always nibbling but now it’s more then nibbling. She drops her head, spreads her wings and bites. It started about 3 weeks ago?

Usually pretty sweet. Always nibbling but now it’s more then nibbling. She drops her head, spreads her wings and bites. It started about 3 weeks ago?
I would try dominating her a bit next time she tries. Just pin her a bit in the way that another duck would to assert its dominance. If she just gets right back up and keep attacking try locking her up alone for a few minutes. My muscovy named penguin tried doing it, and she is very social so she did not like being locked up alone. It made her learn very quickly to only gently preen and not bite hard.

It would be a shame to roast her especially if you only have 2 ducks total your other one would be devastated.

Last edited:
I would try dominating her a bit next time she tries. Just pin her a bit in the way that another duck would to assert its dominance. If she just gets right back up and keep attacking try locking her up alone for a few minutes. My muscovy named penguin tried doing it, and she is very social so she did not like being locked up alone. It made her learn very quickly to only gently preen and not bite hard.

It would be a shame to roast her especially if you only have 2 ducks total your other one would be devastated.
Lol I’ve tried that😂 I’ll keep trying lol. I’m planning on ordering some other duck breeds very soon. If I decide to roast her.. I’m definitely waiting until I have some other ducks 🙂 I really don’t want to have to roast her.. but I can’t take much more 😅

Lol I’ve tried that😂 I’ll keep trying lol. I’m planning on ordering some other duck breeds very soon. If I decide to roast her.. I’m definitely waiting until I have some other ducks 🙂 I really don’t want to have to roast her.. but I can’t take much more 😅
Make sure you get at least 1 more muscovy because it is important for muscovy to have at least one of their own kind because they don't speak the same language as other ducks. Also maybe try taking a little video of her attacking and post it here just so we can get a little better of an idea of what you're dealing with. If she mostly attacks your feet some ducks just hate feet 🤣🤣 every time I come outside without close toed shoes on my feet get attacked.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom