message for the ferret

How I miss our ferrets. We got them back in the apartment rental days. Our landlord said we could have caged animals....I think he was thinking more of hamsters and gerbils. But who am I to correct his contract.

I'm sure enjoying all of your ferret stories. They sure aren't like any other pet, and I just love them.

Mjsds, my ferret uses the tub sometimes, usually she does her business in the kitchen by the door, in the back bathroom, or just inside the front door. I am so sorry yours is bathroom challenged. If I put down a litter box, she goes right next to it.

Jameberlin, my boys loved your picture of a carpet shark. That is a good name for them. LOL

Chirpy, I hope you can have ferrets again soon. They are so much fun, as you know. Ours steals everything, especially food. Her favorite treat is fruit loops, and she is smart enough to hold us hostage unless we give her some so we can get outside.

I am scared to have more than one at a time. What chaos and damage will ensue if ferrets put their heads together?

DBF and I ferret-sat for a weekend a few years ago. We had no idea they were so fun! What clever, little theives they are.

We took the ferret with us to a weekend get-away (bad timing on our part to offer to ferret-sit). Well, my parents came over and brought their 2 shelties. The male sheltie suddenly realized that the lump sleeping in the little hammock was a live creature.

He barked so hard a little splurt of poo shot outta his butt.

Quote:
Oh my gosh! LOL Our dog Reno loves our ferret. She is the only critter Reno will play with. They romp and play all the time. It's kinda like whack a mole when she hides under a chair, and pops out to get the dog.

I used to have two, Fred and Ethel, and Fred would get under my hair and comb through it with his nails, never once scratching my scalp. Ethel, on the other hand, was a holy terror. If it wasn't me she would bite you (she was white and they are BAD). They pottied in the kitchen sink.
roll.png
I never had dishes in the sink. They also had a thing for my hair decorations, ties, headbands, clips, barretts. I would find them in piles in the closet.

Awww... I had Bear and Sloppy Joe, both black-eyed whites, and they were total sweeties! Joe used to go to show and tell at kindergarten with me. He was the most mellow boy you have ever seen!

The girls are usually more active and froot loopy than the boys. I don't know that color has much to do with personality. Mine seem to have run the gamut!

I had heard, after the fact, that white females are not the nicest. Of course she loved me, but anyone else, OH HELL NO! She would pick at their shoes and it they reached down to swipe and her she would catch their hand a bite. Naughty girl. I locked them in the bathroom once during a birthday party and they shredded every roll of toilet paper in there.
lol.png

HA! Spiteful little thing!
smile.png

My first ferret was a female sable named Goose. She loved me to pieces, but was highly suspicious of the rest of the universe. My mother took something away from her once when she (the ferret, not my mother) was running around. Goose waited 20 minutes to get her revenge. She waited until Mom stood up to go to the kitchen and then did a drive by nip. I swear, Goose bit and then ran about 5 feet away and turned to look at Mom like "Nyah, Nyah, Nyah!". She totally did it on purpose. Little snot.

Girl ferret #2 was a spaz, but a sweetie pie. She loved everybody.
smile.png

Girl ferret #3 was just like number 1 in that she loved me and that was pretty much it. She was quite the little diva and princess. She used to just tickle me she had such personality. Somehow she would convince the boy ferrets to do her every bidding. They followed her around like puppies!

After the three girls I ended up with all boys. Bear was a handful, but only because he was into everything. Completely untrustworthy unsupervised.
big_smile.png
The others have all been big ol' slugs- lap ferrets and babies. They are still crazy like ferrets are, just sweeter somehow.

I like that the boys are big and fat too. Gotta love the poochy ferret tummy!

Quote:
Honestly, we had this blue siamese mix named Trint, i swear that cat would bring back javelenas we lived far enough out, he was 20lbs of MUSCLE (minus one fat cat tummy pouch) and stood about 18" at the withers, lmao. Fizzgig was the only animal that got that cat to back off, and seriously made me worry for poor Trint more than a few times. She weighed in at a whopping 1 lb full grown...

Quote:
The guy i gave Fizzgig to ended up with EIGHT. It worked for them, i guess since most of their babies were rescued older ferrets, though i often heard stories of missing things, terrorized dogs and drive by chewings.

Quote:
HAHAHAHAHA!!!! THat made me laugh so much, i seriously considered making it my new siggy.

He barked so hard a little splurt of poo shot outta his butt.

clap.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif

Congratulations JennsPeeps you've officially woke everyone in my house up because you said something extremely funny, It's 5 o clock in the morning where I live and I read this and cracked up into a very loud laughing fit. My whole house woke up and started bickering...again!

That's good...so good...there should be some kind of crazy federal law about saying things that funny.

Well I can't breath from all the laughing and may be spending the rest of my early morning in the shed if the laughing doesn't stop soon!

What? I'm rambling AGAIN? Sorry...go back to your peaceful mornings and such.

caf.gif

Back
Top Bottom